Woodalls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ankhatum

Can you buy woodalls directories anywhere but online?

My trip has been bumped up to monday so I don't have time to get one here by then!

Sure, most major book stores like Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, etc carry them.

I just bought the Frommers "Best RV and Tent Campgrounds in the USA"  after looking thru them all this one seems to cater more to us as we prefer State Parks to Commercial Campgrounds.  It has a very comprehensive outline and rates for all of them.

Woodalls is also available at Camping World.

Good Sam is worth it for the 10% discount at selected campgrounds.  Many of us have been able to stop the flood of junk mail offers from Affinity Group that will follow with joining Good Sam, but some have not been as fortunate :)

well I'll be making a two week run on camping. And didn't know if I'd make my initial 19.95 back by joining on just a two week run.

No, you probably won't save any money over just two weeks, but over a year it can easily pay for itself. 

Do you have AAA or AARP? Gets you the same 10% discount as Good Sam. Also, some parks offer a senior discount, veterans discount, or disabled discount.

Wendy

ankhatum said:
well I'll be making a two week run on camping. And didn't know if I'd make my initial 19.95 back by joining on just a two week run.

I can't remember where I saw it or how you can get a copy, but I saw a coupon to join Good Sam (new members only) for $12 and get a $10 Camping World gift certificate.

Found it. call 888-393-7452 or online campingworld.com/goodsam, offer # 989801.

ankhatum said:
Thanks for the response.  Also is Good Sam's worth it?

Well let me put it this way, If we were not lifetime members we wouldn't be members at all.  We actually became lifetime members before Rouse sold GS to Affinity Group.  Now if you are feeling like you want a lot of junk mail then it may be a good thing.  As for the 10% discount we have found that in some cases a non GS park in the same area is the same price as the GS park is with discount and nicer. 

Thanks for all the information everyone.  I will be leaving south central, ky, up through Indianapolis, and then onto Wyoming via South Dakota. I want to pull away from the flooding in the plains.

Then will be hitting Yellowstone, grand tetons, estes park, mount evans, grand canyon. etc.

This is my first trip in an RV.. well TT.  Might get to see some of you on the way.

Oh and I don't qualify for senior citizen discount, i'm only 31.

ankhatum said:
Thanks for all the information everyone.  I will be leaving south central, ky, up through Indianapolis, and then onto Wyoming via South Dakota. I want to pull away from the flooding in the plains.

Then will be hitting Yellowstone, grand tetons, estes park, mount evans, grand canyon. etc.

This is my first trip in an RV.. well TT.  Might get to see some of you on the way.

Oh and I don't qualify for senior citizen discount, i'm only 31.

Wow! That's a pretty ambitious itinerary to cram in two weeks.

Ditto what Bruce said....that's a lot to do in 2 weeks. You might want to scale back a bit and enjoy fewer of the great places you have on that list.

And if you plan on visiting that many National Park sites, invest in an America the Beautiful pass. You can buy it at the first park you stop at. Cost is $80 but it doesn't take long to save the $80. The entrance fee for Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain, and Grand Canyon is $25 each. And you could use it at parks in Kentucky when you get home.

You can find details on the pass here

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom