What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

Hello, I have 2 questions I am hoping to get help on:

The attached photo is from a passenger side storage bay on my 2003 Fleetwood DP.  I have no idea what this gizzmo is - can someone help me?  It looks like it has both electrical lines as well as some kind of fluid lines (see the green and red tubes).  The motorhome has PowerGear leveler and HWH slides.  I can't find anything in my manuals that mention this device.

Question 2: The reason I looked closely at this section is because I had a weird rattle when I started the engine last week.  It sounded sort of like when an electric fan has a bent blade that goes "whack whack whack" in a unsymmetrical cadence.  I rushed to the passenger side rear but the sound soon ended.  The sound seemed to be coming from near the PowerGear leveler cylinder which is in my farthest back bay on the passenger side.  The air was still building up in the system so I wondered if it would be the air pump.  Regardless, the sound lasted less than 10 seconds and hasn't re-surfaced this last week.  I realize this is a vague question but I am hoping someone can help me understand what it might be.  We are going on a long trip next month and I want to be ready for the road.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 165
Just a heads up...Us Gizmos make all kinds of Weird noises. ;D ;D

I'm sure someone with more knowledge may know what that box is right off the top of their head.

Meanwhile you could google the part numbers on the sticker...Something may come up.

The noise may have been something caught in the engine fan,

What I like is that both stickers seem to be upside down!  I tried to rotate the photo but could not.  Very strange item.

The picture is not clear enough to read anything on it.  It doesn?t look like a leveling system controller because the wires are not heavy enough.

Utclmjmpr said:
Looks a lot like a transmission ECM.>>>Dan

I agree the item in the center of the picture looks like a transmission ECM.

The other item on the right with the wires on the bottom and hoses on the top I haven't seen before. Can you follow any of the hoses back to see what they connect to?

thelazyl said:
Hello, I have 2 questions I am hoping to get help on:

The attached photo is from a passenger side storage bay on my 2003 Fleetwood DP.  I have no idea what this gizzmo is - can someone help me?  It looks like it has both electrical lines as well as some kind of fluid lines (see the green and red tubes).  The motorhome has PowerGear leveler and HWH slides.  I can't find anything in my manuals that mention this device.

Mark,

The box you mention here is the sensor box for the air pressure gauges in the dash.  It is usually know as a VDU,  never found out what the V stands for the but the DU is for display unit.

I have no knowledge of what?s in the picture but a simple guess on the V in VDU would be Video.

You can search for a bar code reader app for whatever phone you have and use that to get more info.

Just yesterday we uncovered a strange looking, unopened plastic part that we inherited from the previous owner. Not a clue what it was for but as it had a bar code, a quick scan/search revealed it was a replacement part for a refrigerator. One we didn't have btw so not sure how it ended up with us, but...

You also could just take a closeup of the bar code(s) and myself or someone with a scanner app could probably get info from that.

Update - I just queried the part number (1539-10175-01) and confirmed it is a "Vehicle Dynamics Controller" but I can't figure out what it actually does.  I assume it has to do with the air system which makes sense given the red and green tubes.  I found the link below based on the part number on the sticker.

https://rvchassisparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M120072/s1.pl

Back
Top Bottom