Trouble with new V-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

Own a 2016 Georgetown XL sitting on the F-53 2015 chassis with 25500. While pulling up a small grade in Montana the engine was howling as it usually does around 5000rpm. Backed off as I topped the hill and the check engine light started flashing, started up a small hill engine around 3500 rpm light went out, topped engine rpm 2200 light flashing again. Off ramp 1 mile ahead so I was getting off to check it out. Didn?t make it the engine made a loud hiss like a air hose broke and engine died. 300 yards from exit almost made it. Aftermath is the number 5 piston hit the spark plug broke the piston and rod which now laying in the oil pan. This happened a week ago so far. Two weeks to fix or start on it as they have to work on it outside and it's cold. I thought the newer V-10s were fixed in this area. I knew older 10s did this. Spark plug issues.

It's not likely the initial problem was the piston hitting the spark plug. The V10 spark plug issue was spitting out spark plugs. Could be a rod broke or it dropped a valve.

That was my thought as well. I was just quoting what the first mechanic stated. Its at a ford dealer getting looked at. When they do a bore scope will find now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom