I need help locating my battery for my 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dlmitch

I recently bought a 1980 holiday Rambler presidential 5th wheel in great condition but I can?t seem to find the battery any where.  The 12v fuse box is located in the bathroom at the rear but I have had no luck finding the battery. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the RV Forum Dlmitch

I found this link to owner manuals. I would search further but I'm on limited bandwidth.
Maybe it will help.

https://www.holidayrambler.com/rv-owners-manuals

Welcome to the Forum!

This may be too obvious, but on my FW, they are behind a door, accessible from the outside.  In my case, the right front corner.  It is about 10 ft from my fuse panel.

Can you trace wires from the fuses to the battery?  Maybe from the wiring harness?

It will not be inside the trailer. It will have ground level assess. should be in a battery box of some sort. Mine is up front with the landing gear. Inside one of the outside storage bays.

Thanks I?ve searched all of the outside doors but will look again. Thanks for the help I?ll keep you posted

Instead of looking for a battery, look for loose cables.  Its quite possible the previous owner removed the battery for some reason.  Do you have lights when not plugged into anything?  That could be your first clue if you do or do not have a battery.

donn said:
Instead of looking for a battery, look for loose cables.  Its quite possible the previous owner removed the battery for some reason.  Do you have lights when not plugged into anything?  That could be your first clue if you do or do not have a battery.

Good point...And if you do find the Loose cables make sure the positive lead is not able to ground out

Batteries will be at the front of the rig. Not far from the red cutoff switch. Check inside storage bins - could be behind a panel in a storage bin.

The battery compartment will be ventilated somehow, either an open bottom or some type of side vent. Sometimes there's a battery box with a hose that vents to the outside.

Sometimes the battery is located under a lift up panel in the storage compartment, so look for a ring that may allow you to lift up the floor in one of the outside accessible storage compartments.

Back
Top Bottom