If your on the fence about going 3/4 ton..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scale obsession

Got my hitch setup today, with the new truck. 2019 Ford f250 Xl. Crew cab. 4x4 6.2 gas 373 gears. 3416 payload capacity and max tow is 12.5k. This thing tows wonderful in comparison to my 16' sliverado 1500. Its more planted, its more stable feeling, and the brakes! Oh the brakes. It stops so much better. I was really torn last june/july when i bought my 1500, and regretted the purchase early on. The F250 is an entirely different beast. =)

Attachments

• 59436707_10161942707040650_2516642641211293696_n.jpg
    59436707_10161942707040650_2516642641211293696_n.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 133
BEAUTIFUL.  I am in the exact same situation, debating 1/2 vs 3/4.  I currently have YukonXL, meets my needs, barely, I want more.  Not sure if the 'more' warrants driving a 3/4 as my daily driver.  Weighing all the options, I want a gasser and everything as you bought  :)). 

Looks good...More truck than you need but that's a good thing :D

That was a smart move. I have never heard anyone that pulls a trailer complain that they bought "too much truck". That is known as "room to grow".  If you ever decide you want a little bigger trailer, you are already good to go.

SpencerPJ said:
BEAUTIFUL.  I am in the exact same situation, debating 1/2 vs 3/4.  I currently have YukonXL, meets my needs, barely, I want more.  Not sure if the 'more' warrants driving a 3/4 as my daily driver.  Weighing all the options, I want a gasser and everything as you bought  :)).

Thats where I was at as well. I was also concerned about the fuel costs of the 3/4 ton. My silverado was outfitted with LT tires and was getting 11 in town and 17 highway. The f250 is getting 15 highway and 14 mixed unloaded. Very minimal difference, for the gain in truck capability IMO.

6.2 with 373 gears.  I bet it is pretty peppy unloaded.  ::)  Gas mileage, ya, I'm 13 in town, 18 hwy, and 10 with trailer. What made you choose the F250 over the GMC 2500? 

is that 3416 as per yellow sticker ?if so thats awesome for a 3/4 ton the 1ton is only 400-500 lbs more and a stiffer ride

Congrats! That's an awesome looking truck. Your camper looks about the same size as mine. I'm at 26'10". 

I'm now in search of an F250!

steveblonde said:
is that 3416 as per yellow sticker ?if so thats awesome for a 3/4 ton the 1ton is only 400-500 lbs more and a stiffer ride

Yes thats per the yellow sticker in the door =)  My truck has the 10k GVWR package, and snowplow package. Could this result in the higher payload numbers?

Attachments

• 59717475_10161948276820650_6839692460617105408_n.jpg
    59717475_10161948276820650_6839692460617105408_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 35
SpencerPJ said:
6.2 with 373 gears.  I bet it is pretty peppy unloaded.  ::)  Gas mileage, ya, I'm 13 in town, 18 hwy, and 10 with trailer. What made you choose the F250 over the GMC 2500?

I have spent a lot of time , in a 18' GMC 2500hd with the 6.0. Optioned out nearly identical to my f250. The seats are pretty uncomfortable. The suspension feels like mush, in comparison to my f250, and after my 1500 silverado, I needed a change.  Ford also had some good incentives going at the time, so that also helped. After driving my f250 and the 2500HD back to back, I'm very glad i made the decison  I did.

scale obsession said:
I'm very glad i made the decision  I did.

Happy for you  :))  I'm jealous  :eek:  I'll probably stew all summer over getting something different.  At least my YukonXL is in good shape, so no real need, more a want.  After 12 years, scenery getting old. 

So, you said Ford had some good incentives, and that helped.  Do you feel if you were going in, not needing a loan, that you would still have chosen the Ford? 

SpencerPJ said:
So, you said Ford had some good incentives, and that helped.  Do you feel if you were going in, not needing a loan, that you would still have chosen the Ford?

If the interest rate is low enough....You may want to consider using their money and investing yours.

I was on the fence regarding 3/4 ton and decided on a 1 ton.  Although 1 ton SRW is stickered a little higher, I found in my area, they are discounted more because nobody wants them.  Ride quality is not bad-its a truck- and the extra tow and cargo capacity is worth every penny and I'm not afraid of upgrading my 5th wheel in the future.

Drewd said:
I was on the fence regarding 3/4 ton and decided on a 1 ton.  Although 1 ton SRW is stickered a little higher, I found in my area, they are discounted more because nobody wants them.  Ride quality is not bad-its a truck- and the extra tow and cargo capacity is worth every penny and I'm not afraid of upgrading my 5th wheel in the future.

the nicer thing about a 1 ton is a) you can still get one loaded with all the bells and whistles and keep the higher payload and b) where we live a 1 ton is cheaper to insure than a 3/4 ton ( they figure more older people drive 1 tons than young kids - so the class rating is cheaper) c)my  ltz chevy with all the bells had a 3800lb payload and cost less than $400 more (sticker price ) than the same 3/4 ton ive since upgraded to a Ford Dually but thats a diferent story

scale obsession said:
Yes thats per the yellow sticker in the door =)  My truck has the 10k GVWR package, and snowplow package. Could this result in the higher payload numbers?
thats a part of it but you also have an XL which has less options than a loaded lariet or platinum etc - each option takes from payload ie power seat take away 75lbs because of the motors etc etc either way thats alot of pay for a 3/4 ton enjoy it  :)

SpencerPJ said:
Happy for you  :))  I'm jealous  :eek:  I'll probably stew all summer over getting something different.  At least my YukonXL is in good shape, so no real need, more a want.  After 12 years, scenery getting old. 

Yes. I would have still gone ford. I didn't know the incentives were going on, until I had them write things up and get me  a final price. It was a nice surprise. I originally was going to go f150 when I bought my silverado 1500. At that point I was buying used, and struggling to find exactly what I wanted, so I settled on the 1500 silverado.

steveblonde said:
thats a part of it but you also have an XL which has less options than a loaded lariet or platinum etc - each option takes from payload ie power seat take away 75lbs because of the motors etc etc either way thats alot of pay for a 3/4 ton enjoy it  :)

Absolutely. More options less payload. I just wasnt sure if the 10k gvwr and snow plow package would increase the payload. Interesting note. My work vehicle is an 08 f350 and the payload on it is 3155.

Gizmo100 said:
If the interest rate is low enough....You may want to consider using their money and investing yours.
That is certainly in the equation.  Few years back, some places were even offering 0% interest.  My thing, typically I try and buy 1-3 year old vehicles, still under warranty, and most incentives don't apply to the used market.

Back
Top Bottom