Mosquitos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's taken a while, but I finally tested the Therm O Cell.  We were in general area of Houston last weekend and every evening the mosquitoes zoomed in. I finally opened the Therm O Cell box and fired it up. I was amazed  - it actually worked. Unlike the coils, the candles, dragonfly noisemakers, etc. this product keep the little buggers away.

Prior to this weekend, the only thing that ever worked (other than staying inside) was deet. Now the Therm O Cell has earned a permanent spot on the RV.  Wendy, better get one before you go back toward the Mississippi River.

Thanks Robert for the report on the Therm O Cell. I will definitely buy one IF I ever head back to mosquito country. Sure don't need one here in Death Valley :)

Wendy

wendycoke said:
Thanks Robert for the report on the Therm O Cell. I will definitely buy one IF I ever head back to mosquito country. Sure don't need one here in Death Valley :)

Wendy

Now if you can find something that will repell the snakes. ;D

these work the best we live in the land of the skeeter we also use

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Insect-Pest-Control-Insect-Repellents-Traps-Bug-Zappers-Electronic-Repellents/N-5yc1vZcalm

http://www.coleman.com/product/mosquito-coil/2000004915#.VoCN5RUrK1s

cheers

I'll put a vote on Thermocell. We have tons of mosquitos at home and I was amazed how they disappear with this device. Somewhat expensive to run but better than the bites which can cause serious problems. Best!

This is a really old discussion.  But I guess mosquitos are always around.

ArdraF

My wife is the type of person a mosquito will pass up a thousand people to get to her and we use a Thermacell, also fogging the area seems to help a little.  But the Thermacell she loves.

This is the first time I've heard that Frontline repels mosquitoes. I've used Frontline Plus on my dogs for many years. but never noticed it having any effect on mosquitoes.

As for me, I've had some luck with citronella in light infestations. However, if I must be with hungry moes, ticks, chiggers, etc., I resort to Deet.

I use a head net that rests over my fishing hat and hangs down to my shoulders. There are also "mosquito jackets" that are all mesh to wear over your upper body. Used both during various hikes in Minnesota and Canada---they work, but do keep more body heat trapped. The thermacell works great too but is bulky for a long hike and requires fuel. Deet is the standard. There are various citrus impregnated sprays that I haven't tried yet, but have heard that they help (not talking about citronella), these can be found on outdoor sports equipment sites on the net.

Back
Top Bottom