Cats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

I have a cat family living under my RV, Mom and three kittens.  Dad enjoys flaunting recent changes in County Laws that prohibit trapping cats. (See pic.) Is there such a thing as an effective cat repellant?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cat_on_car.jpg
    cat_on_car.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 135
Would "AnRVandADog" happen to own a dog? I know that our dog makes cats less than comfortable about hanging around our yard.

That no trapping is surprising . My county encourages trapping them and then bringing them to the shelter where they spade and neuter them and then try to find homes for them.
I am with your dad on that one !
jack L

If the county loves cats so much, catch them and deliver them to the county offices.

Yes, go to a pet store, or Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Pet-Supplies-Cat-Repellents-Sprays/zgbs/pet-supplies/3024144011

HappyWanderer said:
Would "AnRVandADog" happen to own a dog? I know that our dog makes cats less than comfortable about hanging around our yard.

We have a dog. We walk the dog half a dozen times a day, right by my car in the driveway and around to the RV. Cats are unimpressed. Occasionally they run off only to return 10 minutes later...

JackL said:
That no trapping is surprising . My county encourages trapping them and then bringing them to the shelter where they spade and neuter them and then try to find homes for them.

It's a recent change...  No trapping of any kind. If you somehow manage to get one to the county shelter they won't accept it...

SpencerPJ said:
Yes, go to a pet store, or Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Pet-Supplies-Cat-Repellents-Sprays/zgbs/pet-supplies/3024144011

Rains here about every day and those liquid repellants rinse off. I think I'm going to get a rubber snake for under the RV...

Cats by nature are a clean animal, just like raccoons and skunks.

You walk your dog frequently and I hope you pick up after it, with those little bags of dog doo start putting them wherever on the ground they choose to bed down. If necessary save some male urine in a bottle and spread that around as well. May not be the most "clean" way of handling the situation but I made a skunk family move away with this method and I live in the sticks where gunshots are barely noticed.

Didn't want to dispatch a skunk that way for obvious reasons, tryed the spice route and I think they were sniffing it and calling relatives..

After they have moved on clean up and hose down.

Apparently they dont like strong odours. You could spray vinegar around the RV, straight or diluted and that might help.... I know it can wash away but worth a shot as its cheap stuff...

Are you allowed to trap that ground hog that has been running under your RV?  Tractor supply sells live traps perfect for a ground hog family that size.  Oddly, ground hogs love cheese and cat food so you can bait them with that.

grashley said:
Catch - do not trap - the family.  Take them to City Hall and turn them loose - preferably in the council chamber!

;D ;D ;D  Better wear a ski mask and do it quickly  ;D ;D ;D

I've had luck keeping the raccoons out of our trash cans with a spray bottle of roughly 50/50 ammonia and water mixture.  Might have to reapply for a few days to convince them. 

Daffy said:
You walk your dog frequently and I hope you pick up after it...

We pick up after it when it's someone else's lawn. 

Daffy said:
...with those little bags of dog doo start putting them wherever on the ground they choose to bed down. If necessary save some male urine in a bottle and spread that around as well.

Well...  Pretty sure my neighbors will have something to say about plastic bags of dog poop all over the place, and very sure they'll have something to say if my place smells like pee...  I'm gonna try a couple of rubber snakes...

my cats have all been repelled by the smell of alcohol.

Maybe dump a bottle of that cheap, plastic-bottled, no-brand-name, bum-vodka under the RV?

Catch the females, get them fixed and find good homes for them and the others. They are obviously trying to survive just like the rest of us and maybe could use a little help. Good luck

bigfatguy said:
my cats have all been repelled by the smell of alcohol.

Maybe dump a bottle of that cheap, plastic-bottled, no-brand-name, bum-vodka under the RV?

That may work well but I recommend using a quality vodka and filtering it thru your kidneys first..

1930 said:
Catch the females, get them fixed and find good homes for them and the others. They are obviously trying to survive just like the rest of us and maybe could use a little help. Good luck

Right. I'll just spend all of my money and all of my time creating and operating my own animal shelter... Have a nice day, Sweetpea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom