Here's something cool!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So one thing I don't like is that there are no outside lights (except the awning leds of course) that help to light the front door. I found this item that runs on batteries, is waterproof, is magnetic and has motion sensors so when you walk up to the door at night, the light illuminates the front door. Then turns off in 20 seconds. You can pull it off the base as it's held by magnets and use it as a handheld flashlight. The one hidden feature is it looks like a camera so it might help to scare a thief off when it lights up on him. Remember that you need to remove it before you drive off though as the magnet is not strong enough to keep it attached driving down the road. Great buy for $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Sensor-Brite-360-Wireless-Activated/dp/B07P8B7YG1

Edit - removed affiliated link and replaced

Jeff & Zita

Be careful using it outside. It's water repellent not water proof.  Indoor use only the way I read it.  The write up says:

4: WATER RESISTANT: Sensor Brite 360?s water resistant construction means you can use where it might get a little damp such as BATHROOMS, SHOWERS, and LAUNDRY rooms. You can also use outside the home in SHEDS, CARPORTS, and GARAGES.

Rene T said:
Be careful using it outside. It's water repellent not water proof.  Indoor use only the way I read it.

I wanted the same kind of thing but had trouble finding a truly waterproof one that cast light the way I wanted. I found these and mounted one using Command strips so I could remove it while driving. Been using it for about 3 months including multiple events of heavy rain and no problems. Very bright, and very sensitive. In fact it's sensitive enough that I remove it when I'm sitting out late by the fire as my movement and/or the fire will keep it illuminated. It gets very little direct sun due to overcast PA days and shade when I'm in FL, yet no problem with battery staying charged.

Doesn't look like a camera so not the same deterrent value as the OP's.

Could only find a four pack, so I've got 3 spares  ::)

Helium technology? As in lighter-than-air RVs?  ;)

Atwood built an RV fridge that used helium instead of hydrogen as a coolant assist, but it didn't catch on with the manufacturers or the RV buying public.

Collene Calderson said:
I think very soon, we are going to get more modern technology of RVs. I am curious about helium technology.
Helium would certainly make a RV lighter.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Helium technology? As in lighter-than-air RVs?  ;)

It's the latest thing Gary, surprised you haven't heard of it  ;)

Attachments

• 583A53C2-1FD3-4823-BE0C-ED857FD4D0E1.jpeg
    583A53C2-1FD3-4823-BE0C-ED857FD4D0E1.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 94
Hello Everyone I am new to the forum. Just want to share what I did for lights. I got some cute small colorful plastic buckets from the dollar store, I bought red white and blue since it was for the 4th of July, filled part way with sand and stuck solar lights in them. The dollar store also had the lights with Stars and Stripes. It was cute, served it?s purpose, everyone liked it. I also did the motion lights, I got them from Target, they were flat against the trailer, worked really well, I sold my trailer and forgot to remove the magnets.

Windinmyhair said:
Hello Everyone I am new to the forum. Just want to share what I did for lights. I got some cute small colorful plastic buckets from the dollar store, I bought red white and blue since it was for the 4th of July, filled part way with sand and stuck solar lights in them. The dollar store also had the lights with Stars and Stripes. It was cute, served it?s purpose, everyone liked it. I also did the motion lights, I got them from Target, they were flat against the trailer, worked really well, I sold my trailer and forgot to remove the magnets.

Welcome to the forum.

Rene T said:
Be careful using it outside. It's water repellent not water proof.  Indoor use only the way I read it.  The write up says:

4: WATER RESISTANT: Sensor Brite 360?s water resistant construction means you can use where it might get a little damp such as BATHROOMS, SHOWERS, and LAUNDRY rooms. You can also use outside the home in SHEDS, CARPORTS, and GARAGES.

All you have to do is put white electrical tape around the seam, and crazy glue around the lens. I've had mine for months and still works fine. Bonus is you can pick these up at Home Depot for $5.00 right now.

Jeff

Rene T said:

Put it in a baggie to make it waterproof before you attach it to an outside wall...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom