Bedroom slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catawba1

I was going to let the bedroom slide out, it started out but the bed did not move,before I do any more damage what should I be looking for.

You'll need to supply some additional information: What type/brand/model is your RV? Is the slide electric geared, cable, or hydraulic? It's not a one-size fits all.

Fleetwood expedition  34h DP I removed mattress and it looks like the bed has pulled lose from the header attached to wall.

Slide goes out bed stays put it has pulled out of the wall 8 maybe 10 screws hold header to wall

By chance do you have a picture?  I can't think of a scenario where the bed and headboard would remain stationary while the slide went out.  I picture a bed as part of the section that slides out.  I am wondering if something along the left, top, or right seam is getting hung up. 

Sounds like something was/is jammed under the bed preventing it from moving.  Your 34H is basically the same as mine.  We’ve had small things on the floor roll into the slide mechanism.  I always listen closely to the sound as I move the slides.  Any sudden changes and I stop, back up, and start searching for the obstruction.

It’s happened in the bedroom when a flashlight rolled under the bed, in the driver side kitchen when a spice bottle bounced out of the rack and rolled into the track, and on the passenger side when the DW forgot to remove a clock.

I removed mattress and checked frame ,the roller is free and frame moves easily, I'm thinking the slide may have started out in a bind thus causing the frame to bind and then frame pulled out of wall , I'm going to leave frame unattached and check alignment on slide ,odd I've never heard of anyone having this sort if problem ,thanks for the help .

On a 34H the most likely thing would be something falling down from the side tables on either side of the bed getting wedged between the moving & stationary parts.

Back
Top Bottom