Silver Leaf VMS 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many of the forum members have one version or another of SilverLeaf in their coaches.  I have the PC one which I like.  Does data logging to store on the laptop and will display many of the readings all at the same time instead of cycling through them.  It will fit on a laptop with the laptop also running a maping program - both displayed at the same time.  Will prepare error codes for download to a floppy to hand to a service tech.  New versions tell you in english what a displayed error code is. 

Fred, does the laptop version allow you to input scheduled maintenance items?  For specific times/mileage i.e. 18 month regularly scheduled items, 15,000 miles change oil/oil filter?

Periscope Man said:
Fred, does the laptop version allow you to input scheduled maintenance items?? For specific times/mileage i.e. 18 month regularly scheduled items, 15,000 miles change oil/oil filter?

PM,

Most of us use Rolling Stock. An excellent program that keeps track not only of everything to do with the vehicle but also is an excellent program to keep track of everything to do with your trips.

I have used Rolling Stock since it was released and can highly recommend it.  I believe Framil get a discount when buying it.  Google Rolling Stock.

>>Does anyone have a Silver Leaf VMS 200 engine monitoring system installed in their coach?<<

I have the first production CC ( 99 Magna 5703), installed VMS II unit. It has performed flawlessly for over 6 years & although it isn't the same unit as yours a lot of the screens are the same...what are your questions?

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Periscope Man said:
Does anyone have a Silver Leaf VMS 200 engine monitoring system installed in their coach?

I use the VMS 200 in my MH and I think it's great. 

Phil

Terry, I was wondering if you can program the unit to notify you when a scheduled maintenance item is due,  most of the time I don't remember to check that screen.  It would be nice if when you start the M/H the VMS would give some kind of notice to check the maintenance screen.

Earl

I have a VMS 200 in my 5 yr old Magna and love it. It alerts me to problems and tells me what is wrong without having to look up codes in the manual.

I do not use the logging features. I do that in my computer where I can use the keyboard. I detest having to enter data by pushing a limited number of buttons.

I have the Smatire add on and like it, but never use the weather/compas add on.

Earl

I don't use that maintenance feature either. Have you tried posting that question on the SilverLeaf forum http://www.simply-smarter.com/. It is run by the owner Martin perlot.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Earl:  I am not sure if Silverleaf notifies you about scheduled maintenance.  I use Ned's Rolling Stock for that.  The "reminder" section is one of many that his program handles.  I have about eight years worth of data in Rolling Stock.  Only problem with that program is it clocks daily cost of operating and total cost of operating the rig <G>.

Click [HERE] to download Rolling Stock.  This is an excellent program to keep records on you vehicle and expenses. I'm sure Ned will jump in and answer any questions you have on Rolling Stock.

Earl,

If you like Rolling Stock and decide to purchase it, contact me for the RV Forum 20% discount code.

I also use VMSpc that does notify you of maintenenace due AFTER you program in your chassis requirements.

Can't drive around the block without it! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom