And now for something completely different.... for all you Monty Python fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy

Only if you promise not to give Ned anymore books until he finishes the ones he already has :) :)

Hey, I'm almost out of reading material.  I may have to visit the bookstore before we leave Milwaukee.

There's a box of books at home with Ned's name on it all ready to deliver in Quartzsite :)

I assume you're going from Wisconsin to Phoenix once things cool down? We're headed from here to Cortez then to Utah then Oregon then back to Cortez then to Death Valley for Christmas then Quartzsite so we probably won't be passing close anywhere before Qtz. But just think, in 6 months, that box of books will just keep growing and growing and growing......

Wendy

We won't be in Phoenix until after QZ. We're going to spend a few months in south TX first, so just hang on to the box :)

Wendy, pardon me for butting in here, but my sense of humor got he best of me.

I think it is very nice of you to save all those books for Ned.

Since I like figures, here is my suggestion:
    First you must create a super spreadsheet on your computer. Label it 'Ned's Load'.

Then keep track of the weight (books) constantly, as they accumulate.
Calculate the percentage of the weight of the books in relation to the weight of your RV.

Update the spreadsheet as you add books.

Calculate the fuel that you are consuming while traveling, pulling out the percentage of fuel necessary to lug those books around, using the ratio defined earlier.

You might even crank in the cost figures for fuel as you go. Certainly they will vary from State to State.

The final result will be the amount of pennies that Ned will have to cough up when he takes possession of the books to compensate for fuel used. You can get creative and really stick it to Ned by calculating overall costs, i.e. repairs, maintenance, depreciation etc.  ::)

I guess you get the idea. Sure beats playing Solitaire on the computer.  8)

Wishing you and Ned the best from Florida, hot, thunderstorms right now, no hurricanes.

carson FL (a cool 81F)

Carson, I love it!!

The accountant in me demands calculating the cost of things and I minored in Operations Research so I do enjoy analyzing figures.

Unfortunately, Ned is at least as smart as I am and he'll load up his rig with books to trade for mine in which case we'll owe each other the same amount of money !!

And if Lorna gets wind of all this, all bets are off and the books are dumped at the next book exchange.

:) ;) ;D

Back
Top Bottom