only 2 volts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcoffey

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Prowler 29B.  When I bought it last year the ac and furnace (separate units) worked just fine.  After I had it for a couple weeks the a/c would cut out then start back up but now I get nothing at all.  the furnace would not work either.  I replaced the thermostat with a honeywell digital unit.  The problem continued to happen.  I checked for power at the furnace, it has 13v but will not turn on.  I'm only getting 2 volts to the thermostat and in turn I'm only getting that to the a/c control board.  I have no idea where the power to the thermostat comes from and every 12v fuse has 13 volts on both sides of the fuse.  I also am having trouble finding a wiring diagram of the 12v house items.  All the other 12v stuff works except the bathroom fan is intermittent and it seems to be related to the furnace/ac issue as it seems to work when those don't.  I'm just trying to find a little guidance on what to look for and where, as we all know, electrical gremlins are no fun.  Thank you!

The digital t-stat that I'm using takes 2 AA batteries to operate.  You might check yours.

The thermostat needs to send +12v to the furnace or the a/c to cause it to turn on, so the 2v to the thermostat is your problem. Finding the power source for the thermostat is going to take plain old drudge work, though.  It's simply enough to test that the furnace & a/c work - just jumper +12v from another source to their control (T-stat) input line and they should start up and run as long as the +12 is present..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakes09
Back
Top Bottom