Need info Route 2 Macknaw Island MI to Kalispell MT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam won't let me drive.  She drives in the center most lane and doesn't even want to set on the passenger side.
Still Michigan road maintenance has a lot to be desired and apparently so will the pooh clean up.

Ron said:
We will be crossing the Macknaw bridge tomorrow and a thought come to mind.  With the very poor highway maintenance that takes place in Michigan I wonder if their Bridge maintenance is any better. ??? ??? ::) ::) :-\

We usually travel highway 28 across the UP as the traffic is lighter and the road seems better.  Not good but better than 2.

Ron:

Worry that the Gov will lay off the toll takers and close the bridge. ;D ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Ron:

Worry that the Gov will lay off the toll takers and close the bridge. ;D ;D

I don't think that will happen but they may consider putting them on commision unless that would cost them more.

Code:
toll takers and close the bridge

I'm sure the bridge will be open, but there might not be toll taker.  Also the state police posts will be closed, but the police will be working.  Road construction projects will be suspended.

Welcome to Michigan, home of the children politicians.

Barb

Well we are here and the bridge was just fine as usual.  Boy sure are lot of folks here that are really fed up with the Governor and all the rest of the politicians. 

Most of them relocated from PA.  They just went through the same thing a couple of months ago. (LOL)

I think most of us are tied of the political stuff we put up with.  Here's a kicker...........If the state parks close, those who have resv., will be reimbursed all moneys except the $8.00 cancellation fee.

Barb

Barb said:
Most of them relocated from PA.  They just went through the same thing a couple of months ago. (LOL)

I think most of us are tied of the political stuff we put up with.  Here's a kicker...........If the state parks close, those who have resv., will be reimbursed all moneys except the $8.00 cancellation fee.

Barb

I think since the state parks have closed then anybody with reservations would get all their money refunded with NO cancellation fee since effectively the state cancelled all the reservations.  In fact IMHO the state shoulf have to pay any cancellations fees.

BTW thanks for holding off the rain till after we got here and got all set up. :D

The shutdown ended 4 hrs. after it started.  At 5 pm yesterday all state park campers were asked to leave. Everything is back up and running. And no resv. were canceled.  It just started to rain right now 10:34 am.  Frank was cutting grass.

C U real soon
Barb

Barb said:
The shutdown ended 4 hrs. after it started.  At 5 pm yesterday all state park campers were asked to leave. Everything is back up and running. And no resv. were canceled.  It just started to rain right now 10:34 am.  Frank was cutting grass.

C U real soon
Barb

Still anybody that had a reservation and made other plans when the state anounced the parks would be closed should not be charged anything.  The state should be required to absorb all costs since it is their incompetence that caused the shutdown.

Looking forward to seeing you.

My wife's family lives far up the UP - on the Keewenaw peninsula. take a side trip further north to Copper Harbor - and see the sights along the way - Dollar Bay is my home away from home (family).
McClain State park is right on the big lake, very nice. Hancock /Houghton on the portage has a unique lift bridge - lots of nice places to wander and eat. at south end of Keewenaw Bay is Baraga - beautiful campground near the bay - pasties are everywhere. Try the Hilltop restaurant in L'Anse for their famous sweet roll - right on US41, you'll be taking some with you to go - bet on it.
take time to enjoy -
and tell us all about it!

Thanks for the tips.  I doubt we will be going to the UP again this year though.  We came accross on highway 28 on our way from MT to Traverse City.  After TC we will be traveling South to visit the kids in TX.  Maybe next year.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom