Solar installer in Quartzite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the RV Forum fgillies

I believe Solar Bill's is one that is recommend. But let someone else confirm that. I haven't used them so I can't speak for the quality of their work.

Gizmo100 said:
Welcome to the RV Forum fgillies

I believe Solar Bill's is one that is recommend. But let someone else confirm that. I haven't used them so I can't speak for the quality of their work.

If I was going to have solar installed I would go to Discount Solar.  Solar Bill does not have a good reputation for installations.

fgillies said:
Mmmmmm. Seems to be some disagreement there. Know of any other installers in Q?

As far as I know, and we have spent time in Quartzsite for the last 10 years, these are the only two I know of that have a permanent presence in Quartzsite. In that time I have heard few complaints about Discount Solar, but multiple complaints about Solar Bill.

Thanks to you both. Just traded our '06 FR Sierra 5th wheel for a '13 FR Signature 5th wheel and can't live without the solar setup like I put on the old RV. Just figured Quartzite would be the place but looks like I'll buy the parts and install myself again. Just getting a bit long of tooth now for roof work. Really appreciate all the info from all the experts here.
Read about some RV's having pre-installed wiring for Solar. If I recall, the writer said there will be a round or square junction box up there somewhere if so. Didn't see one but will have a closer look. Nothing in the new rv literature. Maybe that was for motor homes or trailers newer than 2013.
All the info I've read on this forum (going back to 2010) has helped me determine the solar kit, the batteries and the panel securing method. All that is left is how to route the wires to the controller and batteries. In my old RV, I routed them into the plumbing vent on the roof and brought them out of that ABS pipe ABOVE the sewage inlets where I had drilled a small hole and then over to the controller. Worked well and I sealed the hole around the wires on the ABS with silicone just in case although that should always be dry. One writer suggested running the wiring in thru the exterior fridge panel and then to the controller. In my case the awning is in the way and I hate to have surface wiring on the outside of a "new" trailer. I realize also that the shorter the length of wire, the better. Any ideas on where to route the wires?
I guess that was one reason I had decided to have the job done by an experienced installer. We winter in the Casa Grande area and figured we would go south via Quartzite. 

PJ Stough said:
As far as I know, and we have spent time in Quartzsite for the last 10 years, these are the only two I know of that have a permanent presence in Quartzsite. In that time I have heard few complaints about Discount Solar, but multiple complaints about Solar Bill.
fgillies said:
Mmmmmm. Seems to be some disagreement there. Know of any other installers in Q?

Don't use my mentioning of Solar Bill as a recommendation...I've NEVER used them....I just remembered the name as one that was mentioned.

>but looks like I'll buy the parts and install myself again. Just getting a bit long of tooth now for roof work.<

Yeah, I hope I won't ever have to do it again either. However, I think I would still try to do it myself. At least then you know what you get. Solar installations are not rocket science, and as you say, there is a lot of good information in this forum about how to do it. We also have some true experts that can help with the actual calculations.

I agree with Paul. I saw one Solar Bill install. If it had been mine I'd ripped it out and started over.

If you decide to use Discount Solar (or anyone else for that matter), try to get a time when they are not overwhelmed like RV Show time.

Tom

Dragginourbedaround said:
Try Gregg at RV Solar Solutions (484) 883-7686 or [email protected]

https://www.rvsolarsolutions.com/contact-us

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rvsolarsolutions/about/?ref=page_internal

Doesnt look like he is going to be in Quartzsite in October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom