Winnebago Via Hot Watet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChuckB

Neophyte here on our first RV trip.  However, we havent figured out how to get hot water.  It is a tankless heater.  LP is on. We can light the stove.  The switch for the heater (outside) is on.  But no even warm water.  What am I doing wrong...  We also have shore water and power.

1st question is the water heater coming on?
2nd Does the heater have a bypass valve and is it in the right position?
3rd If you have shutoff switches on shower heads double check that the Water facets are turned off...Not just the switches. Don't forget the outside shower.

Good luck...Hope this helps

The water heater does not appear to be coming on.  I'm not aware of a bypass valve...any idea as to where that would be?  No shutoff switches on any of the heads that I can see.  We get water, just not hot water.

I'm assuming the water heater has never worked? Sometimes it takes a long time for gas to reach an appliance that's new. Have you looked online for the manual on the water heater? Some products will have useful service documentation. And as a last resort you can always call Winnebago Owner Relations.

Please give us the make and model number of the heater.
Most times, the bypass valves will be on the backside of the heater. They are there to block off the water lines going to the heater when you winterize. You wouldn't want to introduce 6 to 10 gallons of antifreeze into the heater for nothing. Look there for any valves. If you find any, tell us how many there are.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom