Selling a 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robby Koch

What do you guys recommend when trying to sell a 5th wheel?  I have a very nice 5th Wheel that has been on 3 trips.  It is in great condition.  I really need something smaller.  The 5th Wheel is too difficult to get in and out of my driveway (but I really want to store it at my house).  I am looking to buy a travel trailer (something around 28-30').  I can't seem to generate any interest in it.  I've advertised on Facebook sites, Craigslist, and FSBO.  It is currently on FSBO.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

It's all about price.  If your over priced you will never get any calls. 

X2 Did you post a reasonably detailed well written description with a number of clear bright pictures? I see so many ads with spelling and grammatical errors, some are little better than gibberish. Many are too long.

Here is a 2020 for 48k.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2020-Palomino-Columbus-Compass-298RLC-5007073802

It's really tough selling a 1 year old unit, chance are you owe much more than the market will pay.  RVs have a terrible depreciation.  You might be forced to trade in on a smaller unit, from the Dealer you bought this from.  I know, tough pill to swallow.

All good advice above.  RVT (RV Trader) and similar online sites get wider exposure, which is one of the keys. Another is plenty of detailed info and pictures in the ad.  Last, but maybe most important, is an attractive price, which very likely is less than you owe or feel it "should be" worth.  Buyers in a private sale aren't going to offer more than low retail book value, and the value took a huge hit as soon as you drove off the dealer lot.

If you can't find a buyer on your own, consider consigning thru PPLMotorhomes.com.  They have an excellent track record for sales, but you take an extra 10% loss for their commission.

The more details,the better.  People want to know weights.  A picture of the the floorplan,plus pictures of the inside.  Unless there is damage to show,two outside pictures is probably enough.  Buyers want to see what the actual living is like.

Reasonable price will bring buyers.

I dont know how your advert looks like but I wouldnt buy online without propper details about state of the goods, pictures, reasonable price and shipping details. Maybe I am little bit too careful but when we are speaking about RV utencils, people should be careful :D

Back
Top Bottom