Can't find any reviews of this TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittyintow

I've been look at the Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 22RBHL as a full time tt. 

I've been inside of one at a rv show, but I can't find any reviews by anyone who has owned one...which is strange. 

Has anyone had experience with this model or know someone who has?
Any help is appreciated!

Are you looking for build quality?  Comfort reviews?

Build quality will be about the same in any given price range.

Comfort is picking a floorplan that works for YOU.

What climate are you going to live in?  Most are built for three season use,not cold winters.

Welcome to the RV Forum kittyintow

It's a entry level trailer...But so is mine so it's not a bad thing.

What you can expect is poor workmanship on some parts of the build. And if your buying new expect to have to take it in for warranty work.

A lot of folks (Myself included) will recommend trying to buy used. Let someone else take he hit on deprecation and hopefully get all the little things fixed before you buy.

I'm living in Florida with travel in the South. I like the floor plan of this tt.  The price range matters and it fits into my budget.  I fell in love with the quality of the Lances, but their price for the one that I want, is not an option.  What concerns me, is that no where on the internet can I find a positive or negative review of this model.  I know a lot of travel trailers use the same manufacturers for parts, so a lot of entry level trailers have issues from the start, but I would feel better if I could find anything more than the Forest River's website.  I agree, from everything I've read, It looks like buying one about two years old gives time for the warranty bugs to be be addressed.

Well give your post some time....Some of the members of the forum only check in at certain times of the day or night.

But if the floor plan is what your looking for and it's in the budget that's 2 big things.

The next step is to make sure you have the tow vehicle to pull it safely.

Thats a very very small unit to live in fulltime and i would hazard to guess in the hot florida sun it would get very very warm as insulation is probably non existent

I am currently in a 21ft unit now.

Unfortunately, I learned some lessons the hard way.

I currently have roof damage/water damage and my tt is from 2006.

It does get very warm here, but with fan and a/c it's livable 

Another brand that has the same floor plan is the Grand Design Imagine 2150RB.  Some say the quality is good, and might be better than the Forest River product.  I considered the 2150rb but the deal breaker for me is the Schwinn Tek  slide mechanism.  I prefer rack and pinion on a larger slide.

Fridge in the slide out is (for me) a no go. Fridge is heavy when loaded with food. Thats a lot of weight on the slide and they will be more prone to jamming, breaking, etc, when being cycled with weight like that on it. In addition, the top vent is in the sidewall, and this makes for poor airflow, and a fridge that does not work as well as one with a roof vent (and proper baffling).

Full time living is hard on an RV, and no RV is manufactured for full time living (possibly some park models, but who wants to live in an RV in one place all the time?) The lighter weight, cheaper, more poorly built an RV is, the more problems you will experience, and this is multiplied many times over when full timing.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom