Dually spare tire carrier for Class C Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smaplesfun

I recently purchased a 2019 Winnebago Outlook Class C motor home (22 foot) which did not come with a spare tire.  My tires are dually tires so the wheel well is deeper than most tires and does not fit on the tire carriers I looked at online at Amazon.com.  I was hoping someone on this forum has had the same issue and could point me in the right direction as to how to get the spare tire mounted on my RV.  I only have 1 large storage compartment on my small RV and if I keep the spare tire there it wipes out half the storage space. I am hoping someone can recommend a part that will actually work for mounting on the back end of my RV.

I'd recommend talking to a welder. Hopefully he can (1) verify your bumper is strong enough to carry the spare and (2) modify the standard mount to accept the offset wheel.

Welcome to the RV Forum smaplesfun

I 2nd the welder idea. You do want to make sure your bumper doesn't fall off.

I don't have dull tires so this may be a dumb question.
Could you flip the tire around and mount it backwards?

I had the same issue with my 2019 Jayco. I purchased a wheel from Ebay, it was a new aftermarket wheel, bought the cheapest tire I could get at Discount tire, and a bumper mount tire bracket, just make sure the bracket can handle an 8 lug wheel. The tire and wheel weighs about 75# so it doesn't really take a monster bracket to hold it. I don't expect the tire to ever be on the road, so I only wanted something of the right size incase the local tire guys didn't have one. I don't have the tools or inclination to change the tire but wanted the spare available for my road service.

Take a look at the Curt 31006 hitch mount spare tire carrier, it is marketed for front hitch mounts.  I am using one to carry a spare on the back of my motorhome (225/75 19.5), though I did have to get a welder to mount new slightly wider studs since the factory stud slot was about 1/4 inch too short to handle the spread (your bolt pattern may be different than mine).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom