rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Top dolly speed  (Read 1639 times)

jim_manley

• ---
Re: Top dolly speed
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 03:41:52 AM »
It's the "non sense of humor" types that concern me. Too many nutty people out there these days. I just stay to the right and let them pass without making eye contact.  I have seen the aftermath of too many "incidents".

You got that right Sarge. Ever since I moved to Florida I am the most respectful driver on the road.  I would not flip the bird to anyone down here. Every one carries and they are all not afraid to use it. ???

The message stating that they're on a live video feed is a statement of fact and the sudden change in behavior to docile is obvious, as that message appears in between every other message.  They're the one's offering the "salute", not me, but, they don't realize until it's too late that I have side cameras recording them, too.  My obvious military affiliation also generally earns respect points from The Good Folks ... and grudging obeisance from the Ne'er-Do-Wells.

Having been stationed in Florida a couple of times and visiting my Dad in the smallest municipality in the state, the sailing is nice, but, you can keep the heat and humidity.

Up here in Montana, there are very few troublemakers (and they're usually not from here), because there's no anonymity.  Flatlanders stand out like sore thumbs and are reported if they so much as look cross-eyed at anyone.  Plus, dirtbags have been getting the message that it's a lot more comfortable to operate in places a lot warmer than here.   You don't want to have enemies when, not if, it gets down to -40 F and you either get help ... or you don't, and assist with cleaning up the shallow end of the gene pool.
Prospective Owner - 1995 Damon Challenger 315
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with queen memory foam
Self-built 7x8x12-foot Foamie Teardrop Manley Mansion inspired by the Safari Condo

1PlasticMan1

• ---
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 08:11:22 AM »
Back to the original subject, I have a Master Tow Tilt-Bed Tow Dolly, model 80THD with brakes, and been towing my Chrysler T&C for the past three years, keeping the speed below 70 mph.  The T&C just about maxes out the load capacity the Master Tow indicates (4,900 lbs), but so far no problems.  Regarding California speed limits for towed units, I didn't know that the 55 mph speed limit was the law, until I got into the state and started seeing the signs immediately.  What a relief not having tractors with trailers whizzing by me at excessive speeds as I experienced in other states. :))
2016 Bounder 33C
2015 T&C - Ltd.
2010 LR2
and Frisco

rbrdriver

• ---
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »
Apparently you haven't travelled much in California yet. Trucks still "whizz by you" here at times anyways, irregardless of the "speed limit".  LOL   8)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:12:25 AM by rbrdriver »
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
 2019 Keystone Alpine 3700FL 42'
Visalia, CA area
Truck Driver 40 Years +

1PlasticMan1

• ---
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
It always amazes me about how many truckers can't read.  Unfortunately they give the rest of the ones that can a bad rap.  I've found most truckers to be very courteous.  Also found that when I signal them that they have passed my coach safely, they appreciate it, and we seem to form a "bond" as we travel.  Most times, I would rather travel in a truck caravan.
2016 Bounder 33C
2015 T&C - Ltd.
2010 LR2
and Frisco