Roof AC blowing cool but not cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiesteve

We are brand new RV owners and just purchased a 2018 Rockwood Geo Pro 19FBS in October. We got a lot of good winter camping in, but last night we took it out for the first time in warmer weather and we're having trouble with the AC. Its a Coleman roof unit, and its blowing cool, but not cold. The RV is parked outside at a storage facility, so it was extremely warm when we turned the AC on after getting hooked up about 7:30ish last night, it ran all night and the temperature was still at 75 this morning. Is it normal for it to take this long to cool down? To me the air blowing out feels cool but not cold. I checked the filters and cleaned them, but there wasn't much on them. I've been youtubing and googling and I haven't found much to help. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated! ~Katie

Hi Katie. The AC unit recirculates and cools the air that's inside the RV, and it can take awhile for single AC unit to cool the interior. I don't know what the outside air temp was, but with the sun beating down on the exterior, a single AC unit has a lot to overcome. In warmer temps, a lot ot of RVers just leave their single AC unit on all the time.

Kev

Thanks Kevin. It was about 80 when we set up last night, high is 88 today, it has been on for about 14 hours now. Currently inside the RV is 79.

Measure the temperature where the air goes into the air conditioner and again at one of the ceiling vents where it goes out.  There should be about a 20 degree drop.  If you have less than that, check for considerable leaks in the ducts.  Make sure that both the fan and compressor are operating.  If the compressor is cycling or not running, the thermostat might be a problem.  If the fan and compressor are running and there are no serious air leaks, then the AC may be bad.

You might want to take the cover off on the inside of your RV and look to see if your intake and output air flows are truly separated, or have been compromised. On some new units some of the insulation gets shook down into this area from the roof, or sometimes the material used to separate intake from output is not in the proper place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom