AARP - real benefit or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AARP is nothing more than a political lobby.  Because its lobbying does not align with my political beliefs I wont give them a dime.

Memtb said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This  ^^^^^^^^^

Me too!

We were in AARP for a little while, and got a quote from the Hartford, it was about 25% higher than what I was paying through Geico.  AARP did nothing for my benefit and dropped them.  If they actually helped me I would be a member, regardless of their political lean.  AMAC has a different lean and I get my supplemental through them.  Actually, neither provides the supplemental themselves, and both probably direct you to the same companies.  so safety my cynical self.

This has been an enlightening topic. 

AARP, FMCA, Escapees, AAA, Pastport America, Good Sam Club, Costco, Sams, All Stays Pro, Roadside Assistance.  I think that covers them all.  All membership companies we send money to. 

AARP is $14.00.  The rest about $450.00. 

Then there are phone and internet costs.  That's another $3,000 a year. 

None are mandatory.  There are options. 

If I had to investigate the political leanings of every company I do business with I'd lose my mind. 

Why AARP? 

garyb1st said:
This has been an enlightening topic. 

AARP, FMCA, Escapees, AAA, Pastport America, Good Sam Club, Costco, Sams, All Stays Pro, Roadside Assistance.  I think that covers them all.  All membership companies we send money to. 

AARP is $14.00.  The rest about $450.00. 

Then there are phone and internet costs.  That's another $3,000 a year. 

None are mandatory.  There are options. 

If I had to investigate the political leanings of every company I do business with I'd lose my mind. 

Why AARP?

It?s not difficult to investigate......there are internet lists! 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom