Fridge light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fordrulz

Hi new to the site. Looks like a lot of great information. I have  nor cold fridge model number N661RT the interior light does not come on when you open the door I checked it out and found the light bulb burnt and the socket broken I replaced the socket and light bulb in the light still does not turn on when you open the door I can't find a switch anyway I took the front of the fridge appart checked the mode switch and everything looks good not sure how the light operates when you open the door any information is appreciated thank you.

I went through that whole problem. Replace the light, replace the socket, and replace the switch and it still doesn't work. I ended up buying a battery operated motion sensing light and placed it on the top shelf.  Works perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Beams-MB520-Wirelsss-Battery-Operated-Motion-Sensing/dp/B00BH2ZZEG/ref=sr_1_20_sspa?keywords=mr+beams&qid=1558890200&s=gateway&sr=8-20-spons&psc=1

Welcome to the RV Forum Fordrulz

The light bulb runs on a 12 volt circuit. If the fridge is running then you have 12 volts to the back of the fridge. I would start looking for a blown 12 volt fuse in the back of the fridge.

Are these fuses hidden? I remoed the outside panel and did. Ot see a fuse? Checked the fuse panel and saw nothing related. The fridge itself runs fine.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Key #1:  "The fridge runs fine"  This means the fridge IS getting 12V power (or it would not run at all!), so the problem is after the power gets to the fridge.  Tom may have the easiest, cheapest option.

NOTE While the primary fuel for the fridge may be either propane or 120V electric, 12VDC is required for the control circuits to operate in either mode.

I'd check voltage at the light socket (could be as simple as a bad new bulb - it happens). If I didn't have voltage there, I'd work backwards until I found it.

Back
Top Bottom