Turning on hot water, 2019 Intent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErinOntheRoad

Hello, I am a first time RV owner and first timer to this forum! We have a new class A 2019 Winnebago Intent. This weekend is our first chance to camp and we are having issues with our hot water heater, and the directions in the manual reference an Info packet that we do not have (which is strange because we have a box worth of manuals that came with this model). Our propane is on, stove is working fine, but we can?t seem to get the hot water heater to work. As it is Saturday night, we just learned we cannot reach a Good Sam rep until Monday. If anyone here is familiar with this model motorhome, we would be grateful for any suggestions!

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Welcome Erin! We have been in your shoes - so much to learn. Find the make and model number of your water heater and look for the manual online.

One tip for you: before going anywhere in a new RV, spend a couple of nights in your driveway or if that's not allowed, stay in a very close by campground. Anytime we leave in the Horizon (especially for the summer) we spend three days and nights in it while parked on our guest pad. Invariably there's always something we forget - even after 10 years of doing this.

Another tip: Winnebago Owner Relations should be your first point of contact for questions about your Intent and not Good Sam. The guys answering phones and responding to emails are very tech savvy and most of them have worked in production and know the units inside and out (literally.)

Do you have a water heater bypass valve? If so, you might want to check to see if the valves are in the correct position to allow water into the heater.

Some more info on your problem would help.  Do you get any water at all from the hot faucet? If yes, is it same temp as cold faucet, a little warmer, or ???  Do you hear the heater try to light the propane burner (a series of clicks)? Does the flame light?  Open the outside access panel to the heater - is the tank warm?  Carefully touch the relief valve to see.

You didn't say anything about turning the water heater switch on? Have you done that?

Hi All, my sincerest apologies to my late reply to this thread! I wanted to update you all that back in June we spent our first month in our new Class A Winnebago, and thanks to the very quick and helpful replies here, we were able to contact Winnebago Owner Relations (didn't know that was a thing - amazing!) and they sent us a copy of the hot water manual. We were able to get our hot water heater working and enjoyed hot showers during our first RV trip. I truly would not have been able to find a solution without the help of you all on this thread! Thank you all so much, we are so happy to be here. I will do better at checking and replying to messages sooner! See you on the road!

Back
Top Bottom