rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Our first real trip  (Read 4153 times)

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Our first real trip
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 08:10:05 AM »
Good to hear you both enjoyed it, there is nothing like it.  ;D
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Back in the UK til who knows....

Gizmo100

• ---
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »
Yeah, I guess you don't want to hear that since you left Quartzsite I've been sitting under those star in shorts and a t-shirt instead of hoodies and gloves.  Hit 80 here yesterday.   8)

Yeah...I don't really want to know that >:( >:(...I knew it was going to warm up over the next couple of days. But the wife said "We need to head home" ...So I put my foot down....And started packing up the TT ;D

Then I probably don't want to mention that we left most of the windows in the coach open all night, either.  Currently 64* at 0645.

That's abut the same temperatures we're having at home except for the noise of cars thumping the bass at all hours of the night and the view of the stars are washed out by all the lights of living in town.

Ohh, dont tell him that. It might make him cry.

It almost did make me cry...That was the most relaxing place I've been in a long time

Good, and I wont mention I did the same and its 71 right now in Brownsville. :D

I see you have a little bit of a mean streak as well ;D ;D

Glad your trip went good Gizmo100.  I agree about the forum, I'm trying to edjumakate myself for possible long seasonal trips in a few years.  I like hearing your Ford worked well, I'm considering an upgrade to my 05 YukonXL, just not sure I want a pick-up, yet the SUVs just don't have the same payloads any more.  Time to clean up your TT and start planning your next adventure.  I have several 4 day weekends planned in state parks this summer, and one to Land between the Lakes for a week, but nothing west this summer.

If you do a pickup make sure you get a cover for the bed. It really makes a difference on the MPG's. Plus the dry storage. We are slowly working on getting the TT cleaned out and ready for our next adventure. I also have a ton of yard work to get done. And both the TV and the TT need a bath. It makes me wonder why I'm sitting on butt playing on this computer.

Good to hear you both enjoyed it, there is nothing like it.  ;D

Thanks Jackie..I'll have some more information for you as I soon as I get the new glasses. This typing thing can be a bit of a challenge right now. Hopefully sometime next week.
2017 Heartland Trail runner 24 SLE
2017 Ford F150 3.5 Eco boost

To be 1/2 the man my dog thinks I am...But twice the man My wife thinks I am...

cadee2c

• ---
  • Follow your arrow wherever it points
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
That was the most relaxing place I've been in a long time

I know right? I love it for that. Nothing like sitting out under the bright stars and hearing nothing. I get tired of so much everyday noise of being among too many people.

I see you have a little bit of a mean streak as well

Its not my fault. Its hereditary.
Caryl- Pilot
Mister Hank - Co-pilot and homeland security

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

May the Llama of Happiness forever spit in your direction

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
Good, and I wont mention I did the same and its 71 right now in Brownsville. :D

We went to Dorothy and Toto's yesterday for an ice cream.  They mentioned that they will be closing shop for the year on either the 17th or the 24th of this month.  They say once the temp gets over 90 their freezers can't keep the ice cream hard enough to sell. 
My updated departure date of the Quartzsite area is now Mar. 25th...or earlier.  Unfortunately, the road to our campground for the summer is still under a couple of feet of snow and they got more yesterday.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

larit

• ---
  • Know the world, know thyself.
    • http://www.bioactivefield.com/
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
Glad to hear it! I say good wind to your sails, Captain!  ;D :))
Do more epic stuff!

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »
While staying in the Tonto Forest I got to experience something I never thought I would see in the desert ...SNOW
I have been snowed on in the desert several times. And even in May and June!!!
It's amazing how nice that truck and trailer look considering how dirty both of them were. I did get the truck washed. The trailer will have to wait until we get back home...But Thanks.
Anytime you photograph dirty vehicles or ugly women it is best to do it at night. 8)

Gizmo100

• ---
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 12:38:11 PM »
I have been snowed on in the desert several times. And even in May and June!!! Anytime you photograph dirty vehicles or ugly women it is best to do it at night. 8)

I think I'll just stick with not taking pictures of ugly women............But I'll remember the tip for my Truck ;D
2017 Heartland Trail runner 24 SLE
2017 Ford F150 3.5 Eco boost

To be 1/2 the man my dog thinks I am...But twice the man My wife thinks I am...