Tow dolly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVMommaTo6

My tow dolly has wires to hook up to the towing vehicle, but does the car being towed hook up to anything like to work the lights and blinkers or anything? Or do you just use the tow dolly lights?

Amanda, the tow dollies I have used in the past were designed to show the brake, turn and running lights so the toad had no electrical connection

Ed

Thank you, I didn't want to find out differently by getting pulled over and I couldn't find it on the DMV sites.

For a few years we hauled home Miatas for a friend, and that was 2200 miles from Florida to NS through multiple states.  We never had a problem.

Ed

As long as the car does not block the dolly lights, you are fine.  Note if you rent a U Haul dolly, there is no need to "light" the car as long as the tow dolly lights work.

If traveling after dark, (not suggested) you might want to turn car running lights on  to better light the toad.  Note this will drain the car battery if they are on for several hours.

Thank you! My plan is never to drive the motorhome in the dark much less tow anything. Because we'll be so far from home for so long and I want to minimize the chances of things going wrong, like accidents, I've already decided no driving the RV in the dark or in snow.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Thank you! My plan is never to drive the motorhome in the dark much less tow anything. Because we'll be so far from home for so long and I want to minimize the chances of things going wrong, like accidents, I've already decided no driving the RV in the dark or in snow.

Never say never.....Maybe one of the kids could take over after sundown :eek:

RVMommaTo6 said:
Ummmmm, safety is my reasoning, so if anyone is driving after dark, it'll be me!

You SAID Never....I'm just trying to keep you honest ;D ;D

Gizmo100 said:
You SAID Never....I'm just trying to keep you honest ;D ;D
I also said "plan" and we know how plans go! I also planned on having all boys, now I have 5 daughters! Lol

Back
Top Bottom