NJ gun laws?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RVMommaTo6 said:
I'm not scared of heights, but I don't know if I could physically jump out of a plane. I think my mind wouldn't allow my body to take that leap.
We went up in a rickety old Cessna 182. I actually felt safer jumping out of it than staying for the landing. I was hyper. I was dying to jump. One of the best experiences of my life. The feeling of pulling the ripchord was beyond belief. Like God just jerked your bungee chord to call you back to heaven. I paid a photographer $100 to video me and I turned it into a music video. Crappy quality but it was 1988.

https://youtu.be/hTuhAGYHJW8

A  rifle in a motorhome full of kids? :eek: By the time you get a round chambered and the safety off it will likely be too late. If you really feel the need to be armed and dangerous a can of bear spray is a very effective deterrent and nobody gets killed. The only time I have felt uncomfortable was in a site next to a camper with S&W and NRA decals and a grouchy occupant. We moved after one night.

I jumped 10 years ago at age 55. The range of emotions was off the chart! What a great experience and I'm also afraid of heights. I'll go again.
Sorry for butting in....

Alpena Jeff said:
I jumped 10 years ago at age 55. The range of emotions was off the chart! What a great experience and I'm also afraid of heights. I'll go again.
Sorry for butting in....
You're not butting in!!! Join in, that's half the fun!

SeilerBird said:
The score is Amanda 1 and Roy 0.

You go girl. 8)
Lol I'm not trying to argue, but I never touched, much less owned, a gun in my life. Then I had someone break in my home in June 2014. I went into the bedroom, locked the door, and he tried breaking through the door. I pushed 2 dressers against the door and when he broke through the locked door, he knocked the dressers right down.
I will never be a victim again.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Yes a rifle in a motorhome because it's full of kids.
And every one of my kids knows how to shoot.
That's not my point. A rifle being fired in a crowded room is bound to get somebody killed and not necessarily the perp. I understand your fear having been the victim of a break in but your family's safety has to come first. Besides, what is the risk of this type of event? Paranoia has a way of clouding judgement.

Amada,

Your situation is such that I am completely with you (so by the way is my wife), I spent most of my younger years in the east coast megapolis, but as that area is now all police states, I avoid it.

There once was a "Peaceable Transit" federal statute.  It still is on the books, but the police states have ignored it completely. 

In both NJ and NY (and maybe MA), if a weapon and its ammunition are not in separate locked containers, then those states decree that they weapon is loaded.  There are countless cases of travelers coming to grief there.  So get a lockable case for the rifle, an ammo box at Hazard Fright and a pair of keyed-alike locks (also from HF).  Store them where they are not accessible to the driver. 

I used to be a gold cup pistol shooter.  I don't bother trying to get to meets on either coast anymore because of all the rules and hassle.  It is a shame. 

What we do always carry is not bear spray, but the wasp spray that shoots 20 feet.  (Much cheaper too.)  We have several and it is a very small coach.  This will at least temporarily blind a human.  (But, unbelievably enough, if I use it for that in Michigan where now live, it is illegal to use as such.)  This would clearly slow someone down long enough for one of the kids to get and load the gun.

I wish you hours of boring driving and memorable times when stopped.

Matt - a refugee from the east megapolis

Roy M said:
Paranoia has a way of clouding judgement.
I'm not at all paranoid. I don't expect to even touch my gun while I'm gone. But if a grizzly comes knocking at the door, I'm prepared.

Roy M said:
A  rifle in a motorhome full of kids? :eek: By the time you get a round chambered and the safety off it will likely be too late. If you really feel the need to be armed and dangerous a can of bear spray is a very effective deterrent and nobody gets killed. The only time I have felt uncomfortable was in a site next to a camper with S&W and NRA decals and a grouchy occupant. We moved after one night.

My son-in law is a LA Sheriff,  he said Bear spray and tasers typically have very little effect on our garden variety of meth fueled psychotic homeless people. 

Sometimes,  you just gotta shoot 'em.    :-\

Yeah remember a couple years ago when bath salts starting coming on scene? They would shoot people and it would take a minute for that to even register. That was crazy!

PCP is the worst  ....they keep charging you even after you shoot them.

Since we are planning to go through all sorts of jurisdictions, including several Canada Provinces, we left all our guns with family back in Colorado.
Besides, we made it this far in life without having to shoot anyone, no need to start now.

This conversation inspired my blog post for tomorrow. I wrote it this morning, it'll post tomorrow morning.

I never put much thought into whether or not to take a gun on the road with me. I don't remember ever making that decision, I know I've talked to friends about it because they've asked if I'll do any hunting on the trip. I considered it, but I just won't have that kind of time and this trip is all about me and the kids doing this together. It probably first crossed my mind to consciously realize I would take one when I read about the campground at Yellowstone that only allows hard sided campers, no tents, pop-ups, or hybrids because of the bears. I'm not scared or paranoid and I doubt I would run into any situation needing it. I wouldn't go buy a gun for the trip if I didn't have one, but I do have them, many in fact, so why not bring one? And I chose the one I chose because it's efficient, it'll get the job done if the job ever needs to be done.
For me, it isn't some political statement or anything like that. It's insurance. I have homeowner's insurance covering my house being leveled by a tornado too, not because I ever expect a tornado to hit NY and target my house.

Utclmjmpr said:
Oh??how many have you shot??>>>D
None yet.... but the homeless problem here is getting worse, not better.

So ...Tomorrow is another day  :)) :))

here's a thought....

There are these new really cool 50 caliber AIR pistols and rifes that will defiantly do the job....and since it's not a Firearm it should be legal everywhere.

Right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom