Problem with hydraulic leveling system on Fleetwood Storm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodyRus

Hi everyone, we have got a problem with our hydraulic leveling system (from powergear) in Fleetwood Storm. The display won?t turn on, no matter what we tried. It?s just black. We looked in the troubleshooting sheet and the only thing that we found was the NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH. It?s like there is no power to this pin from Neutral. We can?t find the cable because there are a lot of them and we don?t know where the fuses are (the ones specifically), because we already checked all others. I will let here two images perhaps you can help us. Thank you

Attachments

• 69767527-C511-4B20-941A-3EB436007EDD.jpeg
    69767527-C511-4B20-941A-3EB436007EDD.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 20
  • D6273DAF-DF10-47F3-8092-6A2D075B0498.jpeg
    D6273DAF-DF10-47F3-8092-6A2D075B0498.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 20
The leveler itself usually has it's own dedicated fuse for the hydraulic pump and display, wired direct to the battery (house battery in older models, chassis in newer ones).  However, the +12v from the Neutral Safety Switch (PRNDL switch) is probably via the coach ignition switch and chassis battery - it is basically just a signal to the leveler display/control that the coach is in Park or Neutral and it is OK to lower the jacks.
I gather you have tested the voltages at the pins as described in the troubleshooting info and concluded that there is no "neutral" signal?  The simplest explanation is that either the shifter PRNDL isn't closing the neutral switch, either because it is broken or lacks its own 12v power.  I'd look at that end next. If the source is properly indicating neutral, you could perhaps run a new lie to the leveler control and disconnect the old one.

Back
Top Bottom