2007 Southeast Fall Rally in Mobile, AL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
I'm really late getting this set up this year, but here it is!

DATES:        10/28/07 - 11/1/07
LOCATION:  MOBILE, AL at Wales West Train & Garden Lovers RV Resort
                                        www.waleswest.com  1-888-569-5337

Make your reservations now - feel free to come early and stay late!  Wales West should be a fun place - they have an operational steam railroad right on the premises! See the website for more info.

Mention that you are with the Brinck group (they don't seem to have the RV Forum connection on their records yet) so they can site you near us.

We will do the usual forum rally things - socialize a lot and eat too much!  Nancy & I will do a dinner one night and  the guys will no doubt cook breakfast for the girls one morning. More info later.

Ooo! Nice area. Wonder if the grandfather clock factory is still in Fairhope.

Hi Gary
shame we wont be able to make that one ,we dont fly in untill late 24th october
Ian and Doreen

FWIW the rally is also announced on our web site with a link here to Gary's message for the details.

Gary,

Looks like a niice place.  Have a great time.  Our daughter got her Phd last year from UGA and no longer lives in the south, so we don't expect to get down in that area very much any more.  We are thinking of doing a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway this fall and that will be our farthest east and south for the year.

I forgot to mention that the it's a Passport America park. We probably won't have enough people this time to qualify for the rally rate, so the passport rate can be used (except for weekend nights).

We're looking at arranging our travels to make the rally.  We'll let you know but I've got it on the calendar.

As for PA, according to their listing: P.A. discount is valid for 2 nights, Sunday through Thursday. P.A. discount is not valid for groups or rallies.

How many do we need for the group rate?

Gary, 

Maybe I shouldn't declare too early and risk driving other potential attendees away,  ;D :D ;D  but since You, Ned and of course Lorna and Nancy top the list of folks I've wanted to meet since joining the forum, I'm giving it some serious consideration.  I'll discuss it with my navigator and start making plans.  I'll follow this thread closely and hope to see many more familiar and NEW names agree to join in.  Thanks for the invite,  lou

Hope you and Lorna can work it in - would be great to see you again.

I think we need 10 rigs to get a group rate - she asked if we would have 10 and I said no and did not pursue it further. I knew some of our regulars (e.g. the Derways and the Reavis's) won't be able to make, so figured it would be a small rally this year. But who knows?

The Passport rate is probably a better deal than the group rate, even though it is just two nights. Two nights on PA and two more at the Good Sam rate is a decent deal - works out to a 30% discount for 4 nights.  Group rate is probably similar to Good Sam or maybe a bit better, though I didn't inquire.

Ned and I are reserved for the rally Oct 26-Nov 2.  Looking forward to it and seeing everyone.

Lorna said:
Ned and I are reserved for the rally Oct 26-Nov 2.  Looking forward to it and seeing everyone.

Great - it will be good to visit again.

Joel

Hercule, Blackie and Max.  I can't wait.

Don't know about the other two but if they did get together I'm sure Max would demonstrate his ability to hide.

Joel

Hi Gary,

We would like to join you in the little rally at Waleswest.

I'll make reservations tomorrow (Thursday) via their 888 #. Other than being with the Brinks group, are there any other instructions you can feed me.

I know where it is. We are coming from Citrus County FL.

carson FL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom