2007 Southeast Fall Rally in Mobile, AL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RV Roamer said:
9 rigs... as of 9/9/2007

And Maybe: Onaquest??

Gary, I'm sorry but I probably will NOT be able to make it.  It's definitely my loss as it seems to be firming up nicely with a lot of great folks.  I've just had some very large VET bills as my traveling companion (see attached) managed to get himself bitten by a copperhead snake.  He's recovering nicely and I'll be trying to make the next rally reachable from North Carolina.

lou

Attachments

• 100_1631a.JPG
    100_1631a.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 29
Jim Johnson said:
Jim

How about coming by our place for a few days  before the rally so we can do some riding?

JJ,

Funny you mentioned that  because Pat wondered if we could visit before the rally and then travel together. :) Guess I'm going to have to leave a few days earlier. We're stopping at Chet's, then visit our son in VA, then I hope to see a guy in the Roanoke Valley that rides the C50T. Would love to spend a couple of days riding with you. I'll get our schedule together and see what the time frame to leave will be. I've already told the guys at work I'd be leaving early.

So far I have just over 6000 miles on the boulevard. I'm really enjoying it. Rode the GV250 back from a dealer and couldn't wait to get back on the C50!!! ;D Pat & I rode with the Legion Riders to Dalton, MA, a 185 mile trip. The new Mustang seat really helped as she wasn't numb or sore at all.

Gary, I'm sorry but I probably will NOT be able to make it.

Too bad, Lou. Hope the pooch recovers OK. NC has a plenty of short-tmpered rattlesnakes to stumble over and the dogs never know enough to back off.

We usually hold a Southeast rally in the Spring too and it is often in GA-SC area, so should be close to you. Depends on our spring travel plans, though, so I won't be setting anything up until early February

Jim Johnson said:
Just let me know when :)

Hi JJ,

I did a preliminary trip plan and it looks like we could be there a few days before the rally. Hoping to leave here around 7 October. Three stops to make before we get to your place. :)

Jim

a few days before

Jim

The longer you are here the more we can ride.  I am going on a trip starting Sunday.  We are going to ride up into TN and ride the Natchez Trace from north to south.  Will be thinking of you.  ;D

JJ,

Sounds like a great ride. We will try to get there as soon as we can. I expect we may be there four or five days. :)

Ride safe!!

TO ALL SE RALLY ATTENDEES...

Nancy & I will be providing dinner on Sunday night (10/28) - it's our way of welcoming all you folks to the rally (and saving you from cooking as soon as you arrive too)! The usual procedure applies - bring your own refreshments, plates, etc. and we will provide the chow.  Don't expect anything fancy - probably just burgers, dogs and sausages on the grill, with some salads on the side. Dinner will be whenever we get tired of Happy Hour jabbering with each other and want something a bit more solid in our bellies. Of course, we may be so full of hors d'oeuvres by then that nobody will want any dinner.

I'd also like to suggest that we have the traditional rally breakfast (prepared by the men) on Tuesday a.m..  Figure to start food prep around 8:30 or so and eat by 10.  The ladies usually like to plan a shopping trip afterwards, but I'll leave that to them.

If we want to do a potluck, either Monday or Wednesday night is open, but since there are usually lots of leftovers, maybe Monday is a better choice? Think it over - both "if" and "when" are up to the group to decide.

Guys, if you are reading this, be sure to pass the word onto Mama. She will want to know and may commit GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) on your person if you fail to communicate!

Works for me :)  We'll be arriving on Friday, so we'll have lots of time to work up an appetite.  I'm sure Lorna will read this too, so I'm off the hook.

We are currently near Bossier City, LA at the Cypress-Black Bayou Recreation Area. Our reservation at Wales West is for Sunday but we expect to get there by Saturday at the latest. Will be at Paul Johnson St. Pk near Hattiesburg, MS later next week.

Gary,

Sounds good. We'll be there on Saturday. Headed out this morning towards the Johnson's. Should arrive on Sunday. Had a great time in the Roanoke Valley. A new friend took us on a bike ride that was the best I've done. Didn't even lose Pat on the twisties!! ;D

Ned and I  are in Demopolis, AL staying at a very nice COE park leaving tomorrow for Montgomery and then Johnson's on Monday.

Lorna said:
Ned and I  are in Demopolis, AL staying at a very nice COE park leaving tomorrow for Montgomery and then Johnson's on Monday.

Lorna,

Still after Capital pictures?? :) We're in Gadsden, AL. Will be in Newton tomorrow. See you Monday. Looks like a couple of days of rain. Not good for riding. :mad:

A little weather forecast:  ??

During the rally it will be sunny, perhaps a small thunder shower at the start.

Highs daytime 73 - 75 deg.    Lows nighttime  43 - 53 degrees.

Any bets?  :)

carson FL

Looks like Tim and I will make the Rally.  The coach is going into the service bay first thing tomorrow (Wed) and will be done the same day.  We plan to head toward Mobile on Friday morning.  The weather here in North Alabama has been 3 days of rain.

Marsha~

I have some further good news: The Lazy Days Crown Club has agreed to sponsor a "social" at our little rally. That means  the Crown Club will provide "refreshments"  in return for you listening to me tell you to buy tour next luxury coach at LD so you can enjoy the benefits of the Crown Club. I promise to be mercifully brief!  In fact, I just was.    Pat & Jim Dick are Crown Club members, as are Nancy & I. Anybody else?

RV Roamer said:
I have some further good news: The Lazy Days Crown Club has agreed to sponsor a "social" at our little rally. That means  the Crown Club will provide "refreshments"  in return for you listening to me tell you to buy tour next luxury coach at LD so you can enjoy the benefits of the Crown Club. I promise to be mercifully brief!  In fact, I just was.    Pat & Jim Dick are Crown Club members, as are Nancy & I. Anybody else?

Gary,

I'm afraid we are past Crown Club members. Our membership was over three years ago but we were told by one of the Crown Club service advisors that we could call him if we had a problem.  Sure wish they had built that club house sooner!!! We hope to stop by and say hi to our friends at Lazy Days on our way home. Sure glad you are much more brief than most sales persons!!! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom