2002 Journey False Low Air Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Top38

Every once in a while I'd get the low air pressure warning buzzer but it would be just momentary. Found out it was a common issue with the VDU and some cold solder joints. Last weekend it decided to get out of hand so I had no choice but to remove the VDU and take a look. Once removed from the MH, the back cover came off much easier than I expected and as described, the solder joints looked iffy, probably 3 to 4 out of the 8. I used a pen type solder iron and redid all 8. Sealed it back up and reinstalled the VDU.  I did start the MH and let the air build back up and it all worked so we will see what happens on a longer drive. If not, anyone have a source to get a new one?
thanks

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Made a short trip this past weekend (2 hours) and no buzzer! Hopefully it's fixed for good.

I think I was the first one to fix the VDU and many have done it since and I have heard of only one that subsequently failed so hope all remains well for you.

Jim Godward said:
I think I was the first one to fix the VDU and many have done it since and I have heard of only one that subsequently failed so hope all remains well for you.

Thanks for that write Jim! Just wondering how did you originally discover the issue?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom