That ONE place you were wow'd by.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8) My first time going West on Hwy 60 from Globe/Superior Arizona from higher elevation and seeing the lower Desert in the Apache Jct., into East Mesa! Also The first visit to the South Rim of The Grand Canyon looking down the Mile wide Colorado River which looked like a piece of thread and the different layers of sediments dating how old the Earth is. ;D

I have been wowed by so many places. The Oregon coast, Superstition Mountains outside Phoenix, Texas Canyon,  KOFA, Willamette pass in Oregon, Washington Cascades. I cant even decide which wowed me more. Thats why I chose this lifestyle, so I could go everywhere and be wowed by everything. :)

Zion, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain NP, Shenandoah NP, Acadia really there are just too many, but if I had to pick one today it would be Zion. Tomorrow maybe somewhere else.

We have been to many places people consider bucket list items, and they were all amazing. National parks like Rocky Mountain, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Zion, others too numerous to mention. However the one that was a?WOW, I never expected this,? was Death Valley. The mountains and colors are amazing. It is definitely not a place of sand dunes and cactus, as might be expected if you saw the old TV serial ?Death Valley Days?. The desert just seems to show me more than places with lots of trees. I guess I am a westerner down into my soul.

ksbowman said:
Grand Canyon for us! Amazing!
First time I saw the Grand Canyon, landed in Vegas, got on a helicopter and went in with the family.  Talk about a rush  ::) 
We then drove there, and Zion, and Bryce.

It seems like every trip I make has a new one.
I visited Canyonlands NP last year for the first time, and it blew me away. A couple of months later I visited Badlands for the first time and loved it, too. Sort of Canyonlands on a more approachable scale.

PopPop51 said:
It seems like every trip I make has a new one.
I visited Canyonlands NP last year for the first time, and it blew me away. A couple of months later I visited Badlands for the first time and loved it, too. Sort of Canyonlands on a more approachable scale.
Utah has five National Parks. They are all very different from one another and all very beautiful. Great hiking in all of them. There are about a dozen NPs close to southern Utah, all very different. If you take a ride from Capitol Reef to the southern Utah/Arizona border (24>85) it is possible to see areas that strongly remind me of all of the dozen parks. I call the road the National Parks Greatest Hits. The best thing is the road is usually empty.

Other than Yosemite which was closed when we were nearby, I agree with all of the mentioned spots.  However, there are a lot here in Canada as well, such as the Cabot Trail, the Gaspe Coast, Alberta's Badlands and Dinosaur Museum, Agawa Canyon, to name a few of my favourites.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Other than Yosemite which was closed when we were nearby, I agree with all of the mentioned spots.  However, there are a lot here in Canada as well, such as the Cabot Trail, the Gaspe Coast, Alberta's Badlands and Dinosaur Museum, Agawa Canyon, to name a few of my favourites.
One of my biggest disappointments is that I did not get to visit all 44 Canadian National Parks and a lot of other attractions. I have heard many times that Banff is just as beautiful as Yosemite.

Probably Yosemite.

Coming East on I-80 from Bay Area to MN but I dont remember exactly where.  We crest a hill and laid out before us are The Plains.  Just took me by surprise and was amazing.  Of course,that entire trip was full of new things for a MD girl.  SO different than the East Coast.  I would like to explore the West some more.

We just came back from visiting Arches and Dead Horse Point.  We didn't make it to Canyonlands unfortunately.  We were amazed - pictures don't do them justice.  Our trips are limited in duration because I am still working.  This is a good post - thanks.

The back road from Dead Horse State Park to Moab is up near the top of my best drives and views.  I'm told that several scenes from the Back to the Future movies were filmed there.

Ed

I have heard many times that Banff is just as beautiful as Yosemite.
I've not been to Yosemite, but it's hard to imagine anything more beautiful than Banff. Take the prettiest place I've seen in Colorado and extend it for way over 50 miles (perhaps 100+, I didn't measure) and you almost match Banff. I think it's the prettiest area, overall, that I've seen. I hope to go back one of these days.

SeilerBird said:
Make a reservation and hike to the top of Whitney. Totally stunning.

Yeah, uh, no, not this fat boy.  8)
We drove up to the Ancient Bristlecone Pines yesterday, which is over 10,000 ft.  Hiked the short(1mile)trail around the visitors center with many stops to catch our breath.  A couple of my campgrounds this year are above 9,000 ft., and that's high enough walking for me.
There's a lot of trails that we can take the Jeep on that top out on some spectacular views.  Last week we did some trails in the Buttermilk Hills.  Next time we're headed up the Coyote Trail out of Bishop, which supposedly tops out on a mountain that overlooks several of the campgrounds we manage this year.

Back
Top Bottom