Buying used RV - AUGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

So I finally find an RV with the floorpan we want and the options we want.  I email the owner with some questions.  He answers the questions and says "We have reservations to use it in July so we are in no hurry to sell."

I guess he just wanted someone to talk to!  :eek: :eek:

When I shop for a new to me RV it usually takes me three or four months. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you kiss a prince. But the experience it worth it. I have read so many horror stories on this forum from people who rushed into a purchase and then really regretted it. Like the people who find a 30 year old RV for $5000 and make an impulse buy. Then they find out it will take another $10,000 to make it usable.

SeilerBird said:
When I shop for a new to me RV it usually takes me three or four months. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you kiss a prince. But the experience it worth it. I have read so many horror stories on this forum from people who rushed into a purchase and then really regretted it. Like the people who find a 30 year old RV for $5000 and make an impulse buy. Then they find out it will take another $10,000 to make it usable.

Good advice.  I needed to vent!  This is a good opportunity for me to learn more patience.

Lol gotta love new friends! Maybe you could camp with him? It's a unique way to get to know the RV and ask questions before being on your own! Lol

July is only a couple of weeks away, and it appears you already have an RV so why the big rush?

RVMommaTo6 said:
Lol gotta love new friends! Maybe you could camp with him? It's a unique way to get to know the RV and ask questions before being on your own! Lol

I heard a rumor...that after your trip you will be selling your Class A...Maybe you should take along a potential buyer. ;D ;D

Gizmo100 said:
I heard a rumor...that after your trip you will be selling your Class A...Maybe you should take along a potential buyer. ;D ;D

Maybe I could run around sliding coasters under his drinks! ;D. Maybe he was just putting it out there that someday he was going to sell his Rv and just wanted everyone to know. 

I guess we all have a unique sales strategy.  I usually sell my RV whenever I advertise it for sale but maybe I have a crazy strategy. 

My new strategy?  Advertise the RV BEFORE I even buy it!  Really build up the anticipation.  I can tell potential buyers that this RV is so hot off the presses that I don't even have it yet!!

:eek: :eek:

Sometimes reservations are made made months in advance.  Possible the family is looking forward to this last trip before letting go. On the plus side, the RV should be in operable shape if he/she is still using it.  If its what you want I?d keep the dialog open, try to make sure you have an early chance to look at it in July?  As others said, not that far away...

ClassyC said:
Sometimes reservations are made made months in advance.  Possible the family is looking forward to this last trip before letting go. On the plus side, the RV should be in operable shape if he/she is still using it.  If its what you want I?d keep the dialog open, try to make sure you have an early chance to look at it in July?  As others said, not that far away...

X2. All very good points. If you've determined this is the one, frustrating as it may be I'd keep after it. When I found the fiver I wanted, exact year, options and condition, it took almost three weeks just to set a date and I traveled three states over to go get it. All well worth it.

I would also suggest that the owner was making it plain that he wasnt gonna give it away AKA beat down too far on the price

Back
Top Bottom