Silver Springs State Park, Ocala, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a lovely RV park and the Silver Springs and its outflow river (Silver River) is a treat for anyone.  I live about 14 miles further east, out in the Ocala National Forest.

We have been stopping for 5 -7 days forthe last 6 yrs. One of my wifes favorites.

About a half hour west on 40 is Rainbow Springs State Park.  We love the river you can swim in for $2.00.  There is a separate campground from the head waters.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
It's a lovely RV park and the Silver Springs and its outflow river (Silver River) is a treat for anyone.  I live about 14 miles further east, out in the Ocala National Forest.

Awesome! You picked a beautiful place to live!

Bobtop46 said:
About a half hour west on 40 is Rainbow Springs State Park.  We love the river you can swim in for $2.00.  There is a separate campground from the head waters.

That's on our To-Do List!

very much enjoy.  Walk the trails, maybe 45 minute walk each.  In the morning I had a deer run cross my path.  Campground very open, spaces large!  about 2 miles to the park, Glass Bottom boat cool, but no swimming or fishing.   

You can fish in the Ocklawaha River, which is only a mile or so downstream from the Springs. The Silver River (spring outflow) joins the Ocklawaha a short way east and there is a public park there as well, with a boat launch too.  The Ray Wayside Park.

Back
Top Bottom