Mahoney at Davis Cabinets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

I am spending the week at Davis Cabinets getting a new dash overhead with 37 in HDTV. Today is deconstruction. After everything is gone, Shaun came in and measured and we decided on details. The evening shift will build the cabinets tonight and Construction will begin on Tuesday.

On July 2, Peninsula Glass in Vancouver WA replaced 3 windows. Illustrated are the before and after of the driver's side window.

On June 30 I got the Silverleaf glass dash installed.

July 5 found me back on the coast for a week and a half. Here is a sunset with the Newport bridge.

Attachments

• Magna-Davis cab. new#111E6B.jpg
    Magna-Davis cab. new#111E6B.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Magna-Davis cab. new#111E62.jpg
    Magna-Davis cab. new#111E62.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 152
  • Magna-Davis cab. new#111E78.jpg
    Magna-Davis cab. new#111E78.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Magna-new glass dash#111E11.jpg
    Magna-new glass dash#111E11.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Magna-new glass dash#111E12.jpg
    Magna-new glass dash#111E12.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Magna-new window ins#111E20.jpg
    Magna-new window ins#111E20.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Magna-new window ins#111E34.jpg
    Magna-new window ins#111E34.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Oregon coast-Newport#111E4A.jpg
    Oregon coast-Newport#111E4A.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 136
LOL Wendy. Given that Davis specializes in cabinetry, I've wondered how they get it all back together when I've seen coaches they've stripped like that. It's not only older coaches - I've seen brand new coaches in there having the same thing done.

Actually I wouldn't be suprised if Davis doesn't do a better job putting it back together than they would at the factory.  I have always been favorably impressed with the capabilities of Davis Cabinets.

All of that fancy-schmancy hi-tech stuff and gizmos....and a crummy plastic cup to hold his sunglasses.  ;D

rhmahoney said:
I am spending the week at Davis Cabinets getting a new dash overhead with 37 in HDTV.

Russ,

Thanks for the pics of the new install.

How about a report on the iPhone?

Phil

BruceinFL said:
All of that fancy-schmancy hi-tech stuff and gizmos....and a crummy plastic cup to hold his sunglasses.  ;D

Isn't that a great idea! Mine keeps falling out of the little detent tray National put on the side arm rest every time I hit the brakes.

Jeff

>>Terry has some catching up to do.<<

I have wanted a "Glass dash" for over 9 years....but even at the half price that Russ got it for, I couldn't get Betty interested in parting with some cash.<G>  Now the new TV remodel I will probably get depending on how it looks on Russ's coach.

I've moved the "Can't open the images" messages to this topic on our Report a bug message board. Please post any replies related to being able/unable to open the attachments there. Thanks.

>>All of that fancy-schmancy hi-tech stuff and gizmos....and a crummy plastic cup to hold his sunglasses. <<

Harumph! I'll have you know I spent a whole dollar for 6 of those cups!

They actually do a fine job of corralling some of my clutter. I used earthquake putty attach them.

Day 2 at Davis....nothing happened. The deconstructor called in sick. and he is the only one who knows how to put it all back together.

Phil, look for a iPhone review in another msg.

Terry:

Russ does not have to deal with those "priorities" that most of us do. ;D

rhmahoney said:
The deconstructor called in sick. and he is the only one who knows how to put it all back together.

Lets hope it is only a 24 hour bug.  Might be pretty complicated figuring out where everything goes.

Day3
The installer is back. Not much progress visible today. He cut up 2 of my gauge panels and then made holes for them in the new cabinetry. Because there are so many gauges, I get no storage space. He had to put extensions on some of the wires that join items on the same panel that is now cut in two. The curbside panel is in and 2 backer boards on top. The driver's side panel will need some re-cutting tonight. He says there is still a good chance all will be done by tomorrow eve.

rhmahoney said:
Day3
The installer is back. Not much progress visible today. He cut up 2 of my gauge panels and then made holes for them in the new cabinetry. Because there are so many gauges, I get no storage space. He had to put extensions on some of the wires that join items on the same panel that is now cut in two. The curbside panel is in and 2 backer boards on top. The driver's side panel will need some re-cutting tonight. He says there is still a good chance all will be done by tomorrow eve.

Thanks for the update.  Good to hear the installer is back.  Looking forward to photos of the finished product.

rhmahoney said:
Phil, look for a iPhone review in another msg.

I saw that Russ.  What I really want to know is have you set up voice mail on your new iPhone so we can leave you a message?  :)

<<What I really want to know is have you set up voice mail on your new iPhone so we can leave you a message?>>

Yes! Nobody has yet used it. Will somebody report back to me if the shortcut I say is correct?

Hard to test if you keep answering your phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom