The UPS Truck Finally Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I played with a couple of guitars with ToneWood Amps installed and decided I wanted one.  The DW was listening at the time and for the first time in years said she liked the sound, and that I should get one!  Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth I wasted little time in ordering it from Swee****er.

It arrived just before dinner this evening.

I?ve been using a DSP 128 upgraded to a 256 for years  but it?s mounted in a rack with a bunch of other stuff I don?t want to haul around.  I tried using some stomp boxes but thought they sounded horrible and sent them back one by one.

I really liked the sound it delivered through the guitar.  It uses the body of the guitar like the cone of a speaker.  It has a bunch of effects, interfaces with idevices and can be used as a DI box to my amps or house systems.

You know, a new toy!  Woo hoo!

Congrats Russ. I hadn't heard of ToneWood preamps prior to reading your message, and it's tough to fully appreciate them on a PC screen.

That is cool Mud. I had not heard of Tonewood amps either so I went to their web site and watched the video. That is very cool. If I had not sold my guitars last year I would be buying one. But how does the magnet stick to the back of a wooden guitar?

There is a set of 4 magnets on a plastic x-brace that gets installed inside the guitar.  It stays put with a fairly strong double sided tape.  The TWA also has 4 very strong magnets and a couple of sticky suction cup pads.  They suggest only using one of the pads for most guitars.  Two of my acoustics are satin finish so I may need both.

I?ll let you know how the install goes.

I've seen/used similar magnetic attachments on ukes. Some use a double-sided tape (re/movable), while others use an adhesive (permanent location). Some come with several attachments (metal bars) to place inside multiple instruments, allowing a single amp or pickup to be shared among the instruments.

As I thought, I had to use both suction pads to get the TWA to stick to the back of the guitar.  I have another guitar with a slightly rounded back and I don?t think it?s going to work at all for that one.

Some of the default values for the effects are a little overwhelming but after fiddling with them I got some I liked.  Then I decided I needed to read the manual so I save save the changes I made.

Ok.  Here ‘tiz. 

In the middle of demoing my TWA my DAW (digital audio workstation) crashed with a motherboard problem that I didn’t feel like fixing.  So I built a new computer.  I took it as a sign to update everything.  New hardware, new OS, new audio interface.  OK, the interface had to be updated because the old one, a Tascam FireOne is no longer supported and will not work in 64bit or on Win 10.  I got a new version of Cubase with so many bells & whistles it’s taken weeks just to relearn how to manage the workflow.

All this to cut a demo of a Tonewood Amp?  Well, not really.  I have more than 8 pieces in the pipeline.  But along the way I made this snippet from a piece I’m working on.  It’s a mostly quiet flowing melody.  What my wife refers to as ‘sleepy time’ music.

Three guitar tracks, two through the Tonewood Amp and one using Taylor ES1 bridge piezo pickup.  Plus three soft synthesizer tracks.  Use headphones if you got ‘em.

This is a safe link to Chirbit.  It is a music & video sharing site for producers and musicians.

https://chirb.it/xIDkOB?fbclid=IwAR2p_lzO87pPYEWv81WP3R6yqFhXq78k1EanIoT1Yi4cjMwa5yJmPX-t4qU

Back
Top Bottom