How to hook up to cable TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Follow the cable that goes between the back of the TV to where it connects to the wall. Hopefully where that connects there will be a switch with a red light. If the red light is on you're connected to the antenna. Turn the switch off and you should be connected to the cable.

If the cable from the TV goes to a BOMB (box of many buttons) follow the cable from the back of the BOMB that is labeled Antenna to where it connects to the wall.

YMMV

Max, if you have 2 TV's the switch that Don is talking about could be in the bedroom. Check there also.

Yes, it could be a secret button, some manufacturers play hide and seek with the location, for example mine was on the ceiling behind the TV, you couldn't poke it with a stick.

Eric found the secret button in the bedroom.  The reception for the majority of channels is terrible.  Is that usual?  Does the RV Park have anything to do with that? We noticed that all of the channels are analog.  We thought they would be digital.  Thanks again. 

MN Blue Skies said:
Eric found the secret button in the bedroom.  The reception for the majority of channels is terrible.  Is that usual?  Does the RV Park have anything to do with that? We noticed that all of the channels are analog.  We thought they would be digital.  Thanks again.

You may want to talk to one of your neighbors and see how their reception is. Did you set the TV to "cable" before you did the scan?

MN Blue Skies said:
Is there a secret button that switches from the antenna to cable TV?  I hope that makes sense.  TIA.

Short answer "Yes. there is"

Somewhere in your RV is one of two things.. I have a Matrix switch (Box of many buttons) if you have one of those you very likely know about it.  IT selects VCR/DVR. CD/ Cable/Sat/Aux/Antenna

The other is a wall plate  It has a 12 volt accessory outlet. Switch. Light and antenna connections.  The switch is the switch

Now where is it?
Locate the spot inside the RV where the antenna is on the roof. If you have a WINEGARD sensar or KING directional that's easy cause the aiming dial is there.

Now start looking along the wall. in cabinets and such NEAR that spot and towards the nearest TV...

On one THOR Class C.. there is a small cabinet just forward of the entry door. IN this cabinet is the power wall wart for the KING "Sure Lock" Signal meter..... The wall plate was hideen behind the wall wart

Some it's behind the TV or in a cabinet beside it.

MN Blue Skies said:

Cable systems are usually analog.  Many campground cable systems are poor.

I greatly improved the cable reception in my coach by putting a $10 amplifier from Wal-Mart in the cable connection.

Back
Top Bottom