rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: FMCA Rally, Minot, ND, 14-18 August, 2019  (Read 7242 times)

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
Re: FMCA Rally, Minot, ND, 14-18 August, 2019
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
So many opportunities for confusion with the street names! The names we use at the rally are FMCA-specific names, not the real Minot street names. You will find the name on small white metal signs at the end of each row. That is where you tell your tram driver you need to go.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 06:17:50 PM »
Glad to see you all gathering there in Minot.  Have a great rally and hopefully a dry one!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 07:46:16 PM »
We're at a county park about 7 or 8 east of Minot.  Haven't decided yet if we want to sign up for the full Rally.  Will check the seminar list tomorrow and decide then. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
Hey Friends attending Minot 2019

I am  inviting you a happy hour/open house  at our rig Tomorrow WEDNESDAY August 14. 4:30 to 5:30 .  We are  only .5 miles from ND State fair Center.  RED TRAM LOT N

We are in LOT N , 27th Street facing the stadium. NOT THE 27TH Street marked on map. On the big map, We are  on the top left corner of the Lot N Volunteer non-electric.  Directly across from us  are  3 porta pots, a dumpster, a patchy area of grass.  There would  be parking for a few cars.  Bring  chair,   beverage  and we can chat and catch up.  I’ll   have our new motorhome  tidied up for  a peek inside. Come by say hi, stay awhile or just visit and run!

Betty’s  phone number (562) 708 6568 Call or text.

Please forward this  note  to any friends here at rally so we can include  RVForum friends and  4 Wheeling friends too.  Our Jeep Rubicon with SD plates will be parked beside our rig.

The week’s schedule is very full and I think this time slot may accommodate most. Look forward to seeing/meeting all of you!

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
The FMCA rally is over by now.  Did anything interesting happen?  Did our RV Forum attendees get to meet one another?  Did anyone take any photos?  The TV weather seemed to show some storms up that way but nothing specific.  Hope you didn't get rained out or stuck in mud!

ArdraF
ArdraF

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 06:49:09 PM »
There was lots of rain, lots of mud, but I don’t think anyone I know got stuck. Seminars were interesting as usual, mid-day entertainment very good, headline evening entertainment a mixed bag. Captain “Sully” Sullenberger Spoke one night, and he was outstanding! What an advertisement for the best our military academies can produce - integrity, courage, and true leadership. I wish he was running for President! The other evening entertainment suffered from a truly horrendous sound system. Betty’s new rig is very nice, as expected. She had a happy hour at her and Terry’s spot one evening.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com

bill dane

• ---
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »
Hope to see all at 'Q' in January.

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »
Pam pretty well summed it up. It was good visiting with forum friends though time together was limited.

The weather seemed to put a dampener on evening activities around the coaches in our area.

Theresa went to some of the Fantasy Tours forums and won the drawing for a free rally in Palm Springs Valley. It will fit in nicely at the end of our winter Yuma stay.

Didn’t make any major purchases but did decide to install the ARP Fridge Defender.
Tom & Theresa
2004 Pace Arrow 37C, Workhorse W22, 8.1 Vortec
2014 Honda CR-V Toad, Roadmaster -5 Base and tow bar
SMI Stay and Play Duo Brake system

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »
Ardra, No photos as I was busy giving tours. We  bought a new Blue Ox tow bar.  We signed up for an Adventure Caravan. We bought a new flag. Terry bought filters, serpentine belt. I bought more Almost Heaven microfiber cloths. Several seminars were new. I attended the Governing Board meetings. A guy "pretended to be Buffalo Bill" and  gave several talks on the history of his times. His presentation on the  Indians aka Native Americans  was  outstanding. 

I participated in a first ever  1 mile walk/run with  proceeds going to local  scholarship fund.  Great fun.

We stopped at Theodore Roosevelt  National Park coming and going to Convention.  Medora  Musical was a highlight!

We are currently at a Freightliner Dealer in Billings,  Montana having the  6 month service done and a couple of found repairs. Good shopping and movies  nearby.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
Six months - ALREADY???  How can that be?  Oh, yeah, I guess we're already well into August and the kids have started back to school.  Boy, is this year flying by!

Anyway, glad to hear your various reports of the rally.  Yes, Bill, we will be at Q.  See you then!

ArdraF
ArdraF