FMCA Rally, Minot, ND, 14-18 August, 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those of you in the no generator area might have had Kevin helping park their rig. He worked there for a while, then he went on trouble shooting duty with one of the parking leads so all over the place. The parking crew parked over 800 rigs today, and more than 300 more arriving tomorrow. Betty, we are right down the road from you, also in lot N, 27th St, but probably closer to the grandstand. What post number are you near? We look forward to the invitation. I have golf cart duty Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 10:30-1:30 and on Wednesday 1:30-4:30. Maybe I will see folks out and about. We are in a 30 amp section, but they parked more people across the road from us and called it a generator section. Sigh.

UTTransplant said:
Betty, we are right down the road from you, also in lot N, 27th St, but probably closer to the grandstand. What post number are you near?

No post as we have no power. On the big  map we  are at grandstand  end of  Gate C  in top corner of  section N called Volunteer non-electric.  How'd you like the recent thunder and downpour? 

Well Pam, if you don?t like being close to the Generator section you could join us in the far NE corner of Lot R. Lol
It?s marked Family Non-Electric though we have 30 amp hookups. The ?R? must stand for Ridiculously far from everything - except the RR tracks

bill dane said:
I am parked on the drag strip about 3/4 down the strip.

So what section/  color of lot  street number? I do not see drag strip on the map.  It does sound like an interesting place but?????
bb

Heli_av8tor said:
It?s marked Family Non-Electric though we have 30 amp hookups. The ?R? must stand for Ridiculously far from everything - except the RR tracks

The thing is you will get lots of steps and burned calories at these rallies. Tell  us your official location . See you at 3 on Tuesday!

The Dragstrip is one street west of 27th street and is labeled on the map (in light print).

I haven?t been able to figure out our official location. There were no signs.
We are adjacent the big dirt mountain at the NE corner of R.

So many opportunities for confusion with the street names! The names we use at the rally are FMCA-specific names, not the real Minot street names. You will find the name on small white metal signs at the end of each row. That is where you tell your tram driver you need to go.

Glad to see you all gathering there in Minot.  Have a great rally and hopefully a dry one!

ArdraF

We're at a county park about 7 or 8 east of Minot.  Haven't decided yet if we want to sign up for the full Rally.  Will check the seminar list tomorrow and decide then. 

Hey Friends attending Minot 2019

I am  inviting you a happy hour/open house  at our rig Tomorrow WEDNESDAY August 14. 4:30 to 5:30 .  We are  only .5 miles from ND State fair Center.  RED TRAM LOT N

We are in LOT N , 27th Street facing the stadium. NOT THE 27TH Street marked on map. On the big map, We are  on the top left corner of the Lot N Volunteer non-electric.  Directly across from us  are  3 porta pots, a dumpster, a patchy area of grass.  There would  be parking for a few cars.  Bring  chair,  beverage  and we can chat and catch up.  I?ll  have our new motorhome  tidied up for  a peek inside. Come by say hi, stay awhile or just visit and run!

Betty?s  phone number (562) 708 6568 Call or text.

Please forward this  note  to any friends here at rally so we can include  RVForum friends and  4 Wheeling friends too.  Our Jeep Rubicon with SD plates will be parked beside our rig.

The week?s schedule is very full and I think this time slot may accommodate most. Look forward to seeing/meeting all of you!

Betty

The FMCA rally is over by now.  Did anything interesting happen?  Did our RV Forum attendees get to meet one another?  Did anyone take any photos?  The TV weather seemed to show some storms up that way but nothing specific.  Hope you didn't get rained out or stuck in mud!

ArdraF

There was lots of rain, lots of mud, but I don?t think anyone I know got stuck. Seminars were interesting as usual, mid-day entertainment very good, headline evening entertainment a mixed bag. Captain ?Sully? Sullenberger Spoke one night, and he was outstanding! What an advertisement for the best our military academies can produce - integrity, courage, and true leadership. I wish he was running for President! The other evening entertainment suffered from a truly horrendous sound system. Betty?s new rig is very nice, as expected. She had a happy hour at her and Terry?s spot one evening.

Pam pretty well summed it up. It was good visiting with forum friends though time together was limited.

The weather seemed to put a dampener on evening activities around the coaches in our area.

Theresa went to some of the Fantasy Tours forums and won the drawing for a free rally in Palm Springs Valley. It will fit in nicely at the end of our winter Yuma stay.

Didn?t make any major purchases but did decide to install the ARP Fridge Defender.

Ardra, No photos as I was busy giving tours. We  bought a new Blue Ox tow bar.  We signed up for an Adventure Caravan. We bought a new flag. Terry bought filters, serpentine belt. I bought more Almost Heaven microfiber cloths. Several seminars were new. I attended the Governing Board meetings. A guy "pretended to be Buffalo Bill" and  gave several talks on the history of his times. His presentation on the  Indians aka Native Americans  was  outstanding. 

I participated in a first ever  1 mile walk/run with  proceeds going to local  scholarship fund.  Great fun.

We stopped at Theodore Roosevelt  National Park coming and going to Convention.  Medora  Musical was a highlight!

We are currently at a Freightliner Dealer in Billings,  Montana having the  6 month service done and a couple of found repairs. Good shopping and movies  nearby.

Six months - ALREADY???  How can that be?  Oh, yeah, I guess we're already well into August and the kids have started back to school.  Boy, is this year flying by!

Anyway, glad to hear your various reports of the rally.  Yes, Bill, we will be at Q.  See you then!

ArdraF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom