Mystery object: What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agoodeno

My first post.

I just bought a Rockwood LTD 1940 and have only one question. Attached is a photo of a white plastic doohingy that came with the trailer. The people at place I bought the trailer don't know what it is, but they say ne comes with every trailer. Does anyone know what it is or what it's used for?

Alan

Attachments

• whatisit.jpg
    whatisit.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 195
Hmm, interesting.  I have no idea what it is, but my trailer did not come with one.  At least I have not seen anything similar to this yet.

If you look around you may well find some of those installed.  That appears to be an edge cap. it's a plastic cap that goes on the end of something hard (metal) so that if you rub up against it you don't get cut, an "edge protector"  I think that design hooks on a door edge. but I'd have to see a size reference to be sure.

And no, I don't know how it hooks up. exactly.

I am reaching but it may be to slip over the Refrigerator door to prop it open during storage.

Weewum   I'm thinking the same thing or a lock to prevent it from opening or closing.  but why only 1  what about the freezer door.  If you contact a dealer and find out , Please let us know.

I have nor idea but if it was me I would contact the manufacturer an ask or tell the dealer to find out.  IMHO it is very improper for a dealer that sold you a rig just to tell you they don't know.

This reminds me of a part I found in one of the bays of my MH when I bought it used. It is a spring about 18" long with a shorter spring attached in the middle. There are hooks on all ends. I finally figured out that its purpose is to put tension on the screen door to close it but I still don't know how to hook it up.

Woody

Woody said:
This reminds me of a part I found in one of the bays of my MH when I bought it used. It is a spring about 18" long with a shorter spring attached in the middle. There are hooks on all ends. I finally figured out that its purpose is to put tension on the screen door to close it but I still don't know how to hook it up.

Woody

Sounds like an awning tensioner to me Woody.

Had never seen one  but then I've never looked for one either.,

Original Poster here.

robfogle nailed it. It fits on the outside top corner of the door. I'll inform the guys at the place I bought it (and the trailer) from.

Thanks. You guys are great.

Alan

Well, I did just happen to look at my doors on my last trip out (last weekend), spurred by this particular thread, and I do not have those little doodads.  I think I may go and find some just because!

Back
Top Bottom