Coleman A/C Replacement Shroud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf17777

Here in Central PA, we do not have RV salvage yard that shows up on Google. Hence, I hope somebody could direct me to the location of a Coleman A/C Replacement Shroud. Reason being, the previous owner clipped a tree limb with the unit and the plastic shroud is cracked beyond repair. Due to budget, I would like to find a replacement that does not cost me an arm or leg. For example RV Surplus is asking $135 and that seems to be allot of money for this plastic shell.

Thank you in advance for your response and guidance ;D

Wolf,

Have you tried some of the other salvage places on this list? I don't know if any of them could/would ship you what you need.

This info may help:

My RV dealer replaced both of my Coleman shrouds (they were broken) with new
  AIRMAX MAXAIR units. They seem to be nicer than the originals. At least they look beautiful.

Can't help you with a source nor price. Maybe some innovative googling will do the job.

carson FL

Edit: I believe it is MAXAIR.

Wolf,

Coleman A/C shrouds are notorious for cracking around the mounting holes. The MaxxAir replacement shrouds are much heavier and should last as long as you have your unit. I changed both mine on my prior '94 Pace Arrow. The cost is about the same; quality is much better. JMHO

Green lights and soft breezes,

??? Looked at the Maxair and it seems to be quality, but here is what I do not understand ::)

The large dog house (for my little dog that likes space) made of CPVC that I purchased from Walmart for $79 has more (lack of a better term) plastic than the current Coleman shroud and yet the dealers are charging $130 for this AC shroud.

Did I miss something in the GoRVing brochure or is it typical that dealers inflate prices for plastic parts? :eek:

Does anybody have a RV salvage yard they would recommend? Truly, I can not justify $130 for a piece of plastic that is smaller than my pets dog house.

There's probably several market forces at work there...
1)  Whatever the market will bear. 
2)  Competition between manufacturers, or lack thereof.
3)  Economy of scale.  Walmart will most likely sell a thousand times more of those dog houses than Maxair will sell of those shrouds.

If Walmart would get some factory in China to spit out the AC shrouds then there price would probably be closer to the dog house. 

Wolf,

Did you try any of the salvage places on the list in the my prior message?

$130 is exactly what we paid for each of our 2 Penguin A/C shrouds in 3/2006.

Back
Top Bottom