rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: AFrame Hard Top Awning Experience with Pahaque?  (Read 764 times)

Boltonfish

AFrame Hard Top Awning Experience with Pahaque?
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:32:57 PM »
I am the proud owner of a new Chalet 1935xl a-frame (hard wall) pop up. I camp in the rain and am looking for a shelter or awning type set up for the door side. I am looking at the Pahaque attached awnings and tents. They're pretty expensive, so hoping for some confirmations of condemnations :).  I found a couple of old reviews that mentioned "weak poles".  There's always the easy up solution, but hoping for anyone's experiences with the Pahaque or other awning/shelters.

Bonus points if anybody knows of any Chalet or AFrame rodeos or meet ups they can share!

Thanks!!
2019 Chalet 1953xl

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: AFrame Hard Top Awning Experience with Pahaque?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:26:24 AM »
With that rig, I think I would carry as E-Z Up canopy rather than an attached awning. Set it up alongside if you want an awning-like cover, or place it elsewhere on the campsite if you need shade or rain protection elsewhere (like over the picnic table).

https://www.amazon.com/Z-UP-Instant-Shelter-Canopy/dp/B07M93VS8Z/
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:50:10 AM »
I have a friend with an A frame, and she occasionally complains about getting the floor wet going in and out of the door during rains, so I understand the advantage of an attached awning. However I also agree with Gary about the broader utility of a separate free standing awning. You can move a free standing awning over a picnic table or near a fire pit. We have used the EZ Up canopies in the past, but they are sensitive to wind, and we have had a couple of them tear up. We have been using a Clam brand shelter for a few years now, and I highly recommend it. Screened sized to keep the bugs out, and the optional rain panels are great. Expensive though, but it hasnít had a problem with some really significant storms we have had it in.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 12:15:24 PM »
We carry an EZ Up and the tent option that clips on the inside. I sometimes sleep in the tent and it makes great storage . We have some big cots that are super comfortable and I can run an electrical cord to the tent for lights, fan, etc.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

Jkoht

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »
I not sure if it's the dometic/a&e cabana dome enclosure that works for A-frames or something similar. I was looking at a Jayco a frame a few years ago that had an awning on it very similar to that. It's a rounded roof awning that also has zip in screen panels, floor panel, and wall panels so that it can be set up three ways. Either an awning, a screen room, or a tent room. It looked really nice in that it basically gave you an entire additional room.
2003 Roadmaster 24ft Toyhauler