AFrame Hard Top Awning Experience with Pahaque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boltonfish

I am the proud owner of a new Chalet 1935xl a-frame (hard wall) pop up. I camp in the rain and am looking for a shelter or awning type set up for the door side. I am looking at the Pahaque attached awnings and tents. They're pretty expensive, so hoping for some confirmations of condemnations :).  I found a couple of old reviews that mentioned "weak poles".  There's always the easy up solution, but hoping for anyone's experiences with the Pahaque or other awning/shelters.

Bonus points if anybody knows of any Chalet or AFrame rodeos or meet ups they can share!

Thanks!!

With that rig, I think I would carry as E-Z Up canopy rather than an attached awning. Set it up alongside if you want an awning-like cover, or place it elsewhere on the campsite if you need shade or rain protection elsewhere (like over the picnic table).

https://www.amazon.com/Z-UP-Instant-Shelter-Canopy/dp/B07M93VS8Z/

I have a friend with an A frame, and she occasionally complains about getting the floor wet going in and out of the door during rains, so I understand the advantage of an attached awning. However I also agree with Gary about the broader utility of a separate free standing awning. You can move a free standing awning over a picnic table or near a fire pit. We have used the EZ Up canopies in the past, but they are sensitive to wind, and we have had a couple of them tear up. We have been using a Clam brand shelter for a few years now, and I highly recommend it. Screened sized to keep the bugs out, and the optional rain panels are great. Expensive though, but it hasn?t had a problem with some really significant storms we have had it in.

We carry an EZ Up and the tent option that clips on the inside. I sometimes sleep in the tent and it makes great storage . We have some big cots that are super comfortable and I can run an electrical cord to the tent for lights, fan, etc.

I not sure if it's the dometic/a&e cabana dome enclosure that works for A-frames or something similar. I was looking at a Jayco a frame a few years ago that had an awning on it very similar to that. It's a rounded roof awning that also has zip in screen panels, floor panel, and wall panels so that it can be set up three ways. Either an awning, a screen room, or a tent room. It looked really nice in that it basically gave you an entire additional room.

Back
Top Bottom