In line fuse location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmsf12

Having an electrical issue with my trailer. 2012 Zinger Bunkhouse. Put the battery back in to open it up for the year. Yes we are late, everything was too wet to move the trailer. Anyway. Charged up the battery and dropped it back in. No power. Plugged in the trailer to let the battery charge. No power. Checked all fuses, breakers, and gfi. Nothing. Before I go and buy a new battery I wanted to check the inline fuse that I have been told is between the trailer and the battery. But I cannot find it. Is there even one on my trailer? The lines from the battery run to a junction box mounted to the front frame of the trailer. But there is not a fuse in there that I can see.

I had the same problem when hooked the battery up backwards. Blew two fuses in the fuse box and the inline fuse. I just got under the trailer and traced the battery wiring until I found the inline fuse. Mine was just behind the hitch yoke.

Oldgator73 said:
I had the same problem when hooked the battery up backwards. Blew two fuses in the fuse box and the inline fuse. I just got under the trailer and traced the battery wiring until I found the inline fuse. Mine was just behind the hitch yoke.

X's on what he said.  Mine was zip tied under the jack plate. I needed a flashlight to find it.

Blown reverse polarity protection fuses on the converter/charger would cause that and its easy to do when disconnecting or reconnecting batteries. Even a momentary spark on one of the cables can be eough to blow them. Usually a pair of 30A fuses on the converter fuse panel.

Other than that, hunt for the inline fuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom