Two days to go........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Our first trip to Yellowstone/ or anywhere out West!

The Motor home is ready, or as ready as she will ever be. I sunk more money into her than I planned to get her ready for this trip but that?s done no so now on we go.

I honestly wouldn?t have been able to plan this trip as I have if not for many of you here.
Gary, thank you for all of you advice. Although I've been from ny down as far as NC and far north as Bar Harbor when it comes to traveling West I am truly a rookie.

First leg is a long one. An overnight rest stop in Ohio about 630 miles. I am blessed to have a very capable relief Captain in my wife. She?s truly awesome. Lots of books, games, legos and movies for the two boys.
Looking forward to getting to Indiana Dunes State Park. A day in Chicago via train and two days on the Beach at Indiana Dunes National Park. Then Monday it?s off to the Field of Dreams in Iowa and a rest stop ?somewhere? before we drive to the Badlands and our next campground near Rushmore on Tuesday.

Long legs to start......then lots of stops starting with Rushmore/ two nights in deadwood/ devils tower/ two nights on Cody before making our way across Yellowstone into West Yellowstone. Renting a car for 5 days when we get there to buzz around the park. I?ll let you all know how we are doing...... just a few finishing touches before we go and then we are off.......I really can?t wait. So much I haven?t seen in my life. We bought this motor home to change all that! Thanks everyone
Mike

Have a great trip and start making wonderful memories for those boys!

ArdaF

Sounds like fun, although that 630 mile leg is a killer! Be sure to stop frequently & get some exercise. Or, just set the cruise control and have a lie down in back.  :p

thesameguy said:
Sounds like fun, although that 630 mile leg is a killer! Be sure to stop frequently & get some exercise. Or, just set the cruise control and have a lie down in back.  :p
There's probably something in the manual telling people not to do that lol

Hi all, so we are about 120 miles into our 675 mile run.  Kids are happy, wife is happy, and I feel great.  Taking the train to Chicago tomorrow and I won?t have to drive this thing for 4 days.  Going to get ?Er done today!  Thanks for the kind wishes.  I?ll let you guys know how we?re doing!

Made it to Indian meadow rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike. 20 bucks for overnight plug in. Great rest stop. 660 miles. I did not need to go to the bullpen although my wife wife for many times. A quick 2 1/2 our jaunt  in the morning to Indiana in on the train to Chicago. I?ve never been Ron chicago.  This is amazing I never been to Lake Michigan neither and I will have two days to do nothing but sit on the beach and relax before we hit the road on Monday. Having a cold beer to wind down and calling it a night.  Have a great night all!

Mike

Congrats on making that long run successfully.  That is tough to do in a car, let alone a rolling house.

I am amazed!  Congrats on making your goal.  We are wiped if we do 400 miles in a day!  Have a tun trip. We are headed that way in two weeks.

Nice Peggy!

People tell me that they can drove longer distances in a car. Maybe my mind has been tricked but I get much less road fatigue in this 31 footer than any car I?ve driven. The seat is so comfortable and the idea that I can sprawl out on the couch if I get tired gives me a boost. We got in to Indiana yesterday on just a few hours sleep. Took the train to Chicago. Walked about 12 miles with the family. Did The Architectural boat tour on the Chicago River, ate too much and slammed a cocktail wherever and whenever I had the opportunity. Kids crapped out, took the train back.

Checked into Indiana Dunes State Park today, spent the day on the shores of Lake Michigan. At the campsite now. One more day if R&at then it?s off to the afield if Dreams. That?s a good 4 hours push. Then another 600 to the badlands....but I?ll stop somewhere Monday Night...not sure where yet. That?s one of the few parts of the trip I?m doing on the fly. 

I recommend you see the Minuteman Museum (same exit as Badlands National Park on your way west) tour the launch facility and take the self-guided tour of the missile site. https://www.nps.gov/mimi/index.htm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom