Prickly Heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Anyone else get prickly heat bad every day during the hot humid summer.  I take 25 Miligrams of Hydroxyzine at least 4 times a day during the summer.  Every time i come in out of the humidy in about 30 min it hits me hard, no rash but OMG the itching can drive you insane, my whole chest and back itch like torchure level itching, makes me cry if i take the pill too late. 

I could prob cut my own leg off it i had to but OMG the itching is my weakness.  I keep the pills in the truck as well and take one on the way home if i remember as it takes about a half hour to kick in.  Some times its so bad i have to take another one  on top of that one to take it away. 

I never ever itched this much and never had or heard of prickly heat until i moved to this humid climate.

Anyone else have to deal with this on a daily basis?

Not quite the same as we don't have humidity here in Montana, but I overheat really easily.  This has gotten worse over the years.  I have no idea what to do about it.

You might try applying Sarna anti-itch lotion, or a generic version of it (0.5% camphor & 0.5% menthol). It stops most itching very quickly.

Hydroxyzine is for an allergy related itch, and may not be very effective for prickly heat.

Joel

Great Horned Owl said:
You might try applying Sarna anti-itch lotion, or a generic version of it (0.5% camphor & 0.5% menthol). It stops most itching very quickly.

Hydroxyzine is for an allergy related itch, and may not be very effective for prickly heat.

Joel

The doc got me on hydroxyzine because it not only would help with the itching but also replace one of my other meds which helps with anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom