Predator 3500 inverter generator worth looking at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jkoht

I'm looking for a new generator that's quieter than my current one. Granted so far the only time I use my "contractor" genny is when I go on hunting trips out in the woods, but I could imagine a circumstance in which I may need a quieter one in a park or some other place in close proximity to other campers. I don't have the money for a red or blue, but this Predator model sure looks appealing at +/-$700. It says it has 3000 running watts, 3500 peak, eco mode, and 57 decibels at 23 feet. I've read a few reviews and watched some videos all with generally positive reviews. Does anyone here have any experience with this model the could offer any advice?

I have one, very quiet and runs one air conditioner. Harbor Freight had them for $699.00.

I picked one of these up the other day. It's generally quiet and starts easily but it seems to vibrate a lot. Depending on the load and how it?s sitting, this resonates some particular component of the engine or frame and makes an annoying sound. If I go press on it or move it slightly it will stop but then a few minutes later it?ll do it again. I?ve pulled all the plastic off and I can?t find where the sound is coming from. Also, if I put an object on the top it will ?walk? it around until it falls off.

Anyway, I?m at 14 hrs now and have run it with only non-ethanol fuel, changed the spark plug out for an NGK, ran some sea foam through it, changed the oil, etc. If anything it?s getting worse. It also does it with or without the oil door in place. I think I?ll exchange it and hope I get a better one. Those who have them, check this out and confirm that it?s not normal:
https://youtu.be/jdxELjo-cE0

Back
Top Bottom