Troubleshooting Dometic RM 4223

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forrest77

Hi all,

Im trying to troubleshoot issues with our Domestic RM 4223.

When switching to 110V it immediately trips the camper GFI, if I plug directly to the house it trips that breaker as well.

When switching to 12V I hear the converter fan kick on but nothing kicking on with the fridge.

I tried to start it with propane, I was getting spark but no burn. Im actually going to try on propane again today while its less windy out.

Any other suggestions to look for is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Forrest

Silly question as I have been looking through the manual. It says "perfectly silent" and Im wondering if I should be hearing any thing in the rear of the fridge when its running? This camper is new to us so this is the first time testing the fridge.

Welcome!!!  Not a silly question when you don't know the answer.

Just an FYI, try not to use the 12V option to cool the fridge, it will kill the battery very quickly. They do require 12V for the control circuits though but very little power is needed for that.

Be aware that these fridges take a long time to cool down and, yes, they are silent, the only noise you MIGHT hear is when you are lighting the gas burner. You may just barely hear the tiny clicks when depressing the igniter button as the igniter tries to light the gas flame and the very low sound of the gas burner, the flame is no bigger than the average pilot light.  If the gas does not light at first, the fridge may have to be reset to continue which means turning the fridge off and then back on. It might take a number of attempts to get it to light especially if the propane supply was just turned on and there is still air in the propane piping. Fridges are very fussy about that. You could try lighting a stove for a short time to bleed the air out of the system as they are not so fussy.

Tripping a GFI seems to be very common in fridges with an electric element. Try using an outlet that is not protected with a GFI.

I found out the issue was with the house outlet I was using. I was plugged into a 15amp GFI breaker and once I switched outlets I was working fine.

Thanks again for everyones assistance and safe travels.

Forrest.

Back
Top Bottom