Albany NY to Waterboro Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert K

we are taking short trip to Me. I am thinking about running 7 to Troy and picking up 9 in Vermont.
We have made the trip this way before mostly in car. i haven't been this way in probably 6 or 7 yrs.

Has any one taken this rt lately if so how are the roads, any major construction. We will be traveling in our 36' class A towing Jeep.
It's couple hrs longer than Mass. pike but that could be a crap shoot with construction and traffic.

Thanks for any help ,  Bob

9 will not be easy in that rig
The Molly Stark trail between Bennington and Brattleboro has a 2000 ft climb and drop, with a lot of tight turns.
It's an adventure.

The pic is the elevation profile from Waterboro to Albany

We ran it with our 30 ft and toad. It was a bit nervous. Not sure we will go that way back.
construction was not a big deal. we made the run in about six hours. an hour slower than our usual by car.

Attachments

• Waterboro-Albany.JPG
    Waterboro-Albany.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the reply Larry,
actually I ran 2 across Mass with the MH not the Molly Stark I miss thought that.
Have run the Molly Stark trl with pick up a few times. I remember the last time thru they were widening parts of the road.
I guess it is good practice for a trip out west in a couple of yrs.

Robert K said:
Thanks for the reply Larry,
actually I ran 2 across Mass with the MH not the Molly Stark I miss thought that.
Have run the Molly Stark trl with pick up a few times. I remember the last time thru they were widening parts of the road.
I guess it is good practice for a trip out west in a couple of yrs.

Our short wheelbase was our saving grace on Molly. Even so, there was one or two turns we had to wait for traffic on the inside lane.
We were looking at Mass 2 for our return trip. How was it?

The thing that I remember most is the overlook before N Adams.If you use google maps its easy to see. It looks like it comes to a point and darn near does. We made this corner without a problem.It drops fairly quick down to N Adams.
2  has been a nice trip once with MH several times with Pickup.

This is the point on rt 2 in Mass

Attachments

• earth_postcard_1563150633-960x600.jpg
    earth_postcard_1563150633-960x600.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 15
Update,
Easy run across rt 9 Molly Stark trail. Safari handled climbs good . The Allison and Pacbrake handled the 8% grades with out a problem.  36 ' + Jeep

What about the traffic up your butt, and people passing in the most dangerous places? my pickup had a hard time with that mountain.

No problem . Ran it going home temps in the low 90?s. Most people don't seem to be in a big hurry on that rt.

Back
Top Bottom