Trout fishing alive in WY/ID mountain streams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Rumor has it that fishing is coming alive in the WY/ID mountains. When we left WY a month ago, streams were running high, fast and colored which wasn't conducive to fly fishing for trout. I'm starting to receive reports and photos that say conditions have improved. We'll be heading back to Star Valley in a week or so to spend the rest of the season.

Tom,, I know you are a fair distance from my favorite fishing experience in Id,, but its worth mentioning.. Moose Creek is a tributary into the selway river in central Idaho,, It is remote and in a federal wilderness area,( aircraft only and some pack horse activity for forestry provisioning.. The Moose Creek empties into the Selway at a point where an aircraft "strip" is located in the "V" and no other motorized equipment is allowed (Pack in and pack out) Due to the remote location the fishing is fantastic, with the advantage of a choice of catch and keep or catch and release within 200 feet ( Moose is keep and Selway is release).  I have flown in several dozen times (private aircraft)  over the years and have camped there multiple times also for several days.. I retired from flying several years ago and still dream of the place when in Idaho. If you get the chance don't pass it up..>>>Dan (Gorgeous Rainbows and German browns ) (Carry a big side arm,,bears love the place to)

Thanks for that info. Might be something to check out next year.

The place is wild and beautiful and the foot trails are groomed by forestry with a large foot bridge over Moose to gain the other side of the creek, so access is very good once you get there.. As you approach the fork where Moose empties into Selway it gets intense with water speed and noise, this adds to the wild and natural experience of the place and you won't forget it..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom