Newbie Driving Training

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YLBlues

It?s been almost two weeks since we took possession of our new home on wheels.  I?m feeling okay about driving it and haven?t hit anything (yet).  My wife wanted to learn to drive it, but had/has a healthy dose of fear of the unknown.

We got a name of a company that provides driver training and both took their basic course today.  I was very impressed with the instruction and tips given.  The instructor even queried me about my storage location, angles, entry and space dimensions, etc.  He setup cones to approximate that and guided me on how to park it easier.  I applied that later in the day in real world storage and it worked great.

Best of all, my wife LOVED the training.  She nailed exercises on backing and moving forward to rear wheel pivot points, parallel parked the beast, and drove for about an hour through country back roads and some busy streets with cross traffic.  I was impressed.

This company does training in a number of locations in the US.  I heard about courses at a rally in IN, stops in CO, FL, SC, and a couple others.  They come to you and you train on what you own.  Google RV Basic Training if you are new to this and want some help

?Hit anything yet?? Despite what folks will post here, there is no excuse for banging into things and causing property damage.

Good on you for being proactive and getting trained.

training is a great idea.
I've been driving since I was 14 and handled all sorts of vehicles, and am pretty confident in my driving skills, but even now, I occasionally am reminded that I always have something to learn.
I took the basic course last year. I believe that it saved me a few nicks and dents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom